What's on your Thursday menu?

Lisa91941
on 5/5/22 8:50 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! I am slow going this morning after a cruddy nights sleep, but I am in a great mood and ready to take on the day. And Nap. I can do that whenever I want now. Yay. I just have a couple errands today and some house work. So the plan is to go to the mall and get the stupid dental floss I ran out of yesterday and didn't buy at Target, get the dental floss, then do an outside the perimeter mall walk. Twice around should net me about 3 miles. The scale did come down some after my fright with the new batteries. 3 pounds overnight, and I have to believe that has something to do with the battery change out, but I am still 4 pounds over where I want to be to leave for Europe.

Fellow travelers, help! Ideas on what to wear for lunch at the Eifel Tower? It says "no trainers" which I am taking to mean no white athletic shoes. We are traveling very lightly, so every item needs to be multipurpose. Can I get away with a cute cotton dress and leather Keds? Any ideas? I also will be taking real cute "flip flops" that have a rhinestone bow on the toes. Or white slacks, a cute tunic and the cute leather Keds? Jim, any ideas for cute AND fashionable? LOL. Ladies??

QoTD: This is a hard one. I've seen most everyone on the list over all these years. Starting with Johnny Cash. But right now, I would love to see Bruno Mars and/or Adele.

Menu:

B: hb egg and cottage cheese

L: turkey meat, cheese, maybe in a egg white wrap

D: chicken thigh, baked sweet potato, corn on the cob.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Sheila_H
on 5/5/22 8:54 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

The Rothy's flats are great for these kind of occasions. They are light, very comfy for walks, and very cute.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Lisa91941
on 5/5/22 8:57 am
RNY on 10/29/19

thank you!!!

Partlypollyanna
on 5/5/22 8:58 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I like the all bird tree skimmers and the Turks flats. Both could be more useful on a trip like that than flip flops.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 5/5/22 9:07 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I will check them out right away! Thank you!

Partlypollyanna
on 5/5/22 9:18 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Tieks not Turks. Stupid auto correct

Jen

White Dove
on 5/5/22 9:39 am - Warren, OH

Most people don't know this, but in the 1800's a Spanish ship carrying salad dressing sunk in a storm. It is forever known now as sink'o the mayo.

I have reached the age where great concerts are enjoyed on PBS from my recliner. I have no desire at all to be out in the rain and snow, but for years went to many with my umbrella, warm boots, mittens, and plastic rain poncho. My favorite is Jimmy Buffet. i remember going to one of his with a group of friends and some of them wore parrot masks. It was a perfect summer evening, and I never wanted that night to end.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 5/5/22 3:14 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Parrotheads are fun to pre-game with! I think some of them have been known to start at dawn for an 8 pm show, lol

Jen

White Dove
on 5/5/22 3:21 pm - Warren, OH

There were a lot of adult beverages involved that night.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 5/5/22 5:17 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Hello all!

I'm still jet lagging so I thought I'd pop in to say hello. I am completely in love with Italy and I'm ready to divorce my husband and marry some Italian guy so I can move here! OK, just kidding, but I do love it here. I'm afraid to step on the scale when I get home between the pizza, gelato, pastries, and now, limoncello, but maybe if I wait a week a lot of it will be gone. Or some of it? Yikes. We're doing a ton of walking, though... around 30K steps a day in Naples, and now on the Amalfi coast we're going up and down hundreds of stair steps a day (the towns are built on sides of mountains) so it's basically up and down, up and down all day unless you want to barricade yourself in your hotel or apt for your entire vacation. It did occur to me that I could have never visited the Amalfi coast pre-surgery. Even going up and down our basement stairs would exhaust me. No way could i have managed this!

Anyway, hope you're all doing well! I'll attach a pic in a second

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?