It is Wednesday! What's on your menu?

Mkess
on 5/25/22 7:49 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Hump Day,

Great meme and Pink Floyd reference.

QOTD: For Memorial Day weekend, I'm planning on getting together with my family and grilling out. I also plan to visit my father in rehab.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: 1/2 corned beef sandwich.

D: Fairlife chocolate protein shake.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Emiepie
on 5/25/22 8:00 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Late start for me today, I am working from today and had to get going.

QOTD: I do have Monday off but we really don't have anything going on.

Oatmeal days

TSS: 7 years 9 months

B: SF latte, orange, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Turkey stick, cheese stick, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: TBD

ES: Greek yogurt

E: Rest day

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

GracielaSusana
on 5/25/22 8:48 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

QOTD: I work in a 24/7/365 environment so we don't have holidays. That said I could get Memorial Day off. However after that I have the next 16 days off. A week of that will be spent on Girl's Beach Week where we rent a Condo on the gulf. Half of the girls fly in but for me it is an hour drive. Three of us are local and related, sisters and cousins. The others are our best friends. We go to Marco Island. We usually go in August, but my sister is expecting that her new grandson will be born in mid July and she will be needed to help.

Menu. Protein shake, pizza just the toppings, cucumber salad, T-Bone steak

No real plans foe today other than chores around the home and some more of decluttering around the house. I have a lot of things that are never used so I am donating a lot of things. All this started when I lost all this weight and began re-homing all my way too big clothing. Why I had so much was because I didn't like the way I looked in any of it so would buy more hoping that something else would be flattering. I am hoping to keep from over buying clothing in the future. I don't need that much!

Partlypollyanna
on 5/25/22 10:34 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Girls time is the best time.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

lmfontana4
on 5/25/22 9:01 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Good Morning All,

I admit that I am bad abou****ching the news. I didn't hear about the Texas shooting until this morning. So awful and scary. It makes me nervous for my kids being at school since it seems like one shooting triggers the next.

I did manage to get my exercise in last evening. I left work a little early, did my meetings at home. I had time for a long walk before my class started. By the end of the evening I was tired of being attached to a screen for meetings/classes. Today, I have a couple of meetings and the usual paperwork at work. DD is going to the horse ranch after school and wants me to pick her up at 8:30, which means I will be home at around 9:30. DH was annoyed since DD hasn't been as diligent with her chores at home. I have to agree so I need to discuss expectations at home that need to be completed before going to work for free else where. The girl is a walking tornado leaving crap everywhere, not picking up after herself, etc.

QOTD: We are traveling to Montana to see family over the 3 day holiday.

B: triple zero greek yogurt with collagen, cold brew with half n half

L: lettuce salad with grilled chicken, ff french dressing

S: Coffee flavored protein "frosty"

D: Veg beef soup

S: 100 cal bag popcorn, 4 squares sf chocolate

E: 60 min hot yoga

Have a great day!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Amy Liz
on 5/25/22 9:34 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Walking tornado, lol - been there! Nip that in the bud, mama!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

ladygodiva1228
on 5/25/22 10:47 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

QOTD: Today is my Friday as I have the next two days off making for a very long weekend. I have tons of stuff planned. Hoping to have a yard sale two days, butcher another pig, make sausage and smoke a ham from the first one we did a few weeks ago, finish getting my veggie garden set for planting, two doctors appointments tomorrow, and what ever else pops up.

What happened in Texas is heartbreaking as is what happened in Buffalo, NY. But I want to stress that it is not the guns that are the problem it is the lack of mental health help in this country. All the regulations and background checks are not going to stop people from getting guns. Some how some way they will get them. Now I think that assault rifles and automatic weapons should not be accessible to the average person. Those should be reserved for the military.

The sad thing is 10 years ago when Adam Lanza walked into the Sandy Hook Elementary school and killed 20 children and 6 teachers one would have thought the schools around the country would have taken precautions to prevent people from walking right in. This country needs to reopen mental institutions because there are some people who are just not capable of dealing with everyday things in society and take it out on the innocent.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Melody P.
on 5/25/22 11:17 am - Amarillo, TX

I respectfully disagree. BOTH are issues. This kid had no mental health issues on his record. Guns are a problem just the same as mental health issues. There can be responsible gun owners, true, but no one needs to be able to have whatever gun they want.

in a perfect world people wouldn't kill people but we don't live there. We are really the only country that deals with this on a regular basis and the main difference is availability of guns and ammo. We use an antiquated amendment to justify having assault rifles. We don't live on the frontier or in the Wild West anymore not everyone needs a gun.

living in Texas I see these idiot with the ar 15s and alll the guns you could imagine. You don't need a permit to carry here. You can even open carry. This kid was able to buy a gun at 18 that is meant for nothing but kill people. Our state is backwards on many issues.

ladygodiva1228
on 5/25/22 12:10 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

From what I have read in different articles the kid may not have had any documented mental health issues, but he definitely had issues of some sort, anger being one of them. He had been bullied for a speech impediment and apparently nothing was done to help him. He lived with his grandparents. It does not say where his mother and father were. I would venture to guess had he been seen by someone it would have come out that he had some sort of mental illness. We all know that it can be a wide array of things that are considered mental illness.

A shot gun, rifle (regular not assault), revolver and pistol should be the only guns allowed to be purchased. In CT you have to almost give your first born to get a gun permit. My husband and I went to the required courses, got background and fingerprints done (3 times on the fingerprints) and finally after 8 months were approved. I have a Smith and Wesson 5 round hammerless revolver and a rifle. The revolver has never been shot and the rifle is used to dispatch the feeder pigs and to keep the coyotes away and maybe get a deer or two.

I agree there is no need for people to have AR15's or anything like that, but even if they can't go to a gun store and buy them they will find a way to get what they want. There are so many illegal guns in the US that the government can't do much about them because they can't locate them.

I will say Texas is a very ****** up state when it comes to guns and the right to own/carry one. I think all states should be on the same page with requirements and such and not just make up what they think is good for their state.

If you ever get a chance look up the documentary on Adam Lanza and the Sandy Hook shooting that kid should have been institutionalized years before the shooting, but his piece of **** mother wouldn't allow him to get the treatment he should have been getting she was 100% to blame for him shooting the school up.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Melody P.
on 5/25/22 12:18 pm - Amarillo, TX

Texas is indeed mucked up(I was heated by seeing the news conference fiasco that was on when I typed my response...I was just heated in general so I apologize if I made anyone angry.)

gun laws need to be changed and enforced. Red flag laws should exist among many others. An 18 year can't buy beer but ar 15s?

It's just one of those issues that invokes emotions...strong ones at that. We need to have these conversations. I think people should be able have weapons in certain situations if they are responsible!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views