What's on your Monday menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 6/6/22 3:51 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Monday everyone! Are we ready for the week?

I had a mixed weekend, it was good from a doing all the things I planned; it was not great because I made some bad choices...including picking up a bag of ruffles for the first time in 4.5 years. They were salty, crunchy and delicious but did not make me feel good and they are now regulated to the trash bin.

Today starts a sprint of very very business through the rest of June and into July. I can't decide if I'm just too busy or if I'm so used to doing fewer things that it seems unduly busy, I guess I'll decide at the end of the chaos, lol.

QOTD - who is/are your favorite comedian(s)? I love John Oliver, Jon Stewart, Trevor Noah, Jim Jones, Craig Ferguson and Trevor Noah.

I'm meeting some friends for dinner tonight and a concert that I'm looking forward to; workout and PT this morning before a busy, busy day at work.

Menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

ratio yogurt

cheese and salami

bunless burger and green chile

Have a great day and make the week a good one!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 6/6/22 4:49 am, edited 6/5/22 9:49 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

a rainy day in the forecast, so I'll probably go to water aerobics this morning and then do something things around the house today. Like try to figure out which pictures to hang in our guest room - which became exclusively a cat room for a few years - which we've now turned into a combo guest room/cat room with the addition of the bed I mentioned last week.

I took a 22-mile bike ride yesterday, and I'm feeling bloated this morning. Surprising - but maybe not. I know that's not all that uncommon when you're weight-lifting since the muscles need water to repair themselves - and maybe that happened because I biked harder and faster than usual, too (not unusual for later in the season, but for now - yes). That's not lifting, of course - but...leg muscles. I might have been a bit high on the sodium intake as well, now that I think of it... Oh well - with any luck it should be gone tomorrow.

QOTD: hmmm....I guess Jon Stewart. I used to love to listen to Paula Poundstone on one of the NPR programs ("Wait Wait Don't Tell Me"), too (haven't listened to that in quite awhile).

B: plain skyr with berry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: chickpea/tuna salad on Wasa crackers

AS: protein muffin or else L&F yogurt with a skinny bagel

D: pulled chicken with BBQ sauce and a vegetable - or else spinach ravioli in tomato pesto

have a great day, everyone!

here's a pic of the cat/guest room so far. As you can see, it's cat approved....

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 6/6/22 5:59 am
RNY on 11/21/16

So cute!!!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 6/6/22 6:14 am
RNY on 02/14/18

They look like the approve! And just getting back only you biking with a 22 miler! You'll be doing centuries by end of summer!

Jen

Sheila_H
on 6/6/22 6:37 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Haha! Def a cat room!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 6/6/22 7:20 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Love the fortune cookie pillows. I think the cats do too.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 6/6/22 8:00 am
RNY on 06/03/15

someone in my neighborhood posted those on our neighborhood FB page last week - she was going to toss them and checked first to see if anyone wanted them (for free!). I liked the buttons on them, so I jumped. I'm glad I got them!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 6/7/22 12:35 am - Amarillo, TX

They are adorable and yes that was a great find on those pillows! I love them!

Melody P.
on 6/6/22 5:15 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

Sadly the ketamine has stopped helping as much as it was...it was a great few days of better pain relief but now I get maybe 15-20% for a 2-3 hours the. It drops off significantly. It is however helping with depression still but I have a bad feeling they're going to take me off of it. I have a message into them about it. I'm not sleeping well at all. 2-3 hours of that then I'm up. It'd even be different if it were a solid 3 but it's usually very choppy. Anyways...I might ask my psychiatrist about trying it just for the depression if they take me off of it at the pain management clinic.

The meds the bariatric NP sent in are already helping. I still have a sore throat this morning but at least I'm not choking/coughing on acid. I will most likely have the hospital call about scheduling the egd today. I'll see the surgeon on the 27th. It's nice to have forward momentum on some issues.

Nothing much planned for the day. We have the kids Wednesday through Friday so we are kid free today and tomorrow...yay! Hoping to figure out a pair of earrings for someone. I'm so frustrated with myself as I'm over thinking it. I also applied a patina a little to heavily on the pair I made yesterday.

My mom is going to mow at least some today. Gas here is nearly 4.50 a gallon so we're trying to save gas as much as possible. Mowing section by section and spot mowing when possible.

QOTD: Colbert, Stewart and Noah Trevor. I used to like John Oliver a lot but I just haven't been able to watch him in a long while.

B: JUST egg cup.

L: PP shake and ???

D: chicken breast and ???

S: GF bread, keto jam, 1/2 tbs lite butter spread and ???

Partlypollyanna
on 6/6/22 5:56 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I'm sorry the meds aren't working for the pain; hopefully they won't take you off thrn before giving the time for them to get to the therapeutic levels, you mentioned that could take a minute. They seem to move you from Med to med Willy nilly which can't help.

Jen