What's on your Sunday menu friends?

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/2/22 10:56 am

Is there a reason you are using Skim milk instead of a full fat milk? You had Sadi, correct? in this case, more fat would be rather beneficial for you, IMPO.

Most nutritionists give SADI and DS people same recommendation for diet, when IMO - the skim milk should be used by anyone. Whole milk if milk is required.

In reality - skim milk has 12 gr of sugar to 8 gr of proteins. So its more carbs than sugars.

Some people get lactose intolerance after WLS. Bloating, gas, discomfort are few o symptoms of lactose intolerance.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/2/22 11:28 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Hey there!

Really, the only reason I have the skim milk at all is for the added protein instead of water. I don't like milk but got the fat-free, lactose-free Fairlife container and some soymilk to try for both taste and protein boost. I haven't opened the soymilk yet.

And skim milk specifically because that's what's listed in my diet plan as an option in that phase to mix with protein. Might be an odd plan since makes exceptions for sugar content in yogurt and for fat in fish and beef in other phases. It might for milk but I think that may have been for 2%. For whatever reason, it definitely doesn't include whole milk. My dieticians tell me that high fat content can't be absorbed. The fat limitation is 5g per serving. I had asked them some questions about healthy fats like olive oil, nuts, avocado, etc., but was still told to limit everything due to it causing malabsorption problems. I don't have any personal experience with that yet, though.

Yes, I got the SADI DS. For some reason when I pick that option in my profile it only shows WLS.

Is there a different plan you've seen for DSers? Always happy to learn! Appreciate your response. Cheers.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/2/22 11:54 am

One of the reason people get DS and SADI is to have malabsorbtion.

DS - malabsorb fat and proteins and some carbs.

Complex carbs get malabsorb in higher % than single carbs. Single carbs (like lactose) get absorb at almost 100%.
Lactose free is OK, but still its sugar. Initially, lower fat content may be better to help you absorb more proteins since you are not getting a lot of it. As far as I know - Failrlife has added proteins and reduced sugar. But - sugar is sugar.

The DS forum is not very busy, but some people are still on it - ask about proper - long term SADI type diet. Plus long term vitamins recommendation (it's different that Sleeve or RNY).

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

catwoman7
on 7/31/22 6:31 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

another beautiful day in the Upper Midwest. Hopefully we can get out and do something. I really wish I hadn't had that bike accident during what is the most perfect stretch of weather all summer. It's supposed to get hot and humid again later this week, when I may (hopefully) be able to start biking again. Crap. Anyway, nothing on the agenda for the day at the moment.

QOTD: I can't really handle meat for breakfast. My usual breakfast is Greek yogurt with fruit, although occasionally I'll have protein oatmeal or even more rarely, protein pancakes. I can do something like a breakfast sandwich later in the morning, though (like 10-ish or later). Although I'm more likely to eat those for lunch (when I have those, it's usually Canadian bacon or either turkey or fake sausage).

B: protein oatmeal with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt and fresh blueberries. Coffee with half & half.

MS: protein shake (although DH is now talking about going out for coffee - so maybe a SF iced latte)

L: the other half of the Loma Linda meatless grain bowl thingie I had for dinner last night (very filling and full of fiber and few calories!)

AS: either a protein muffin or a thing of L&F yogurt and a skinny bagel (with light cream cheese)

D: We have half a roast beef/cheese/lingonberry lefse wrap left from the other day. I may split that with DH (so 1/4 of the sandwich) and have salad or some kind of vegetable with that.

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Lisa91941
on 7/31/22 8:04 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! It is gorgeous here today. We have to stay at home all day, at least one of us, to take care of post surgical pup. He's doing well, but it's a long and hard recovery. Poor dude.

I went to see Pretty Woman with my daughter yesterday. So much fun. She and I do not get enough one on one girl time with all the plates she has in the air as a mom, employee, volunteer... Need to make that a priority going forward.

BACON BACON BACON

food today...

B: leftover rib and cottage cheese

L: TBD

D: I bought some big fat pork chops with a great fat cap and Roger is going to try smoking them. First time with pork chops. add some leftover mashed potatoes and a small salad. My guess is my pork chop is going to cover three meals. Love that!

Peace everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 430 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?