What's on your Thursday Menu?

Julia S.
on 12/1/22 8:05 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Sorry I have to get this rant out.

First of all there are no real fabric stores left in the Portland metro area. I was looking for 4-way stretch lace, I went to Joann's it was the closest but every time I go there I swear I won't go back. Their selection of fabrics was abysmal. Nothing even close so I was forced to find it on Etsy. But I did find it.

We used to have 4 really good fabric stores, my favorite sold out to become a pot growing operation, the other 3 went out of business. I guess people just don't sew anymore. My neighbor across the street does upholstery and he has an amazing industrial sewing machine, I'm nosy and love to watch him work. His machine is in the garage and when it was so hot he would have the garage door open so I had to go look.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

lmfontana4
on 12/1/22 8:43 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I would not be functioning at the highest capacity with only 2.5 hours of sleep but it does give you extra time to get your cookies done. Did you get your school papers finished?

Yesterday we did get a lot of snow but not quite 2 feet as predicted. Luckily, the county cleared the roads last night so the main arterials and freeways were clear this morning. Unfortunately, the yoga studio canceled all classes yesterday, so it was a bit of a forced day off from working out. I could have used my treadmill, but I was not interested in walking in place in the basement. I decided it was ok since I have been pretty diligent with daily workouts.

QOTD: I don't think either of my parents were fans of Lana Turner but I assume they liked the name. So I don't have a good story.

Accountability: excellent-However being at home all day and no workout, I was a bit focused on eating even though I wasnt really hungry. More head hunger, but I persevered.

B: triple zero greek yogurt with keto granola, berries, cold brew with half n half

L: asian chicken salad with light sesame ginger dressing

S: protein frosty

D: Summer salad with light poppy seed dressing

S: 4 squares sf chocolate, protein frosty

E: 60 min hot yoga

Happy pre-Friday.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Greateight
on 12/1/22 9:39 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Do you guys have a plow? Our old house in Massachusetts had an almost 200 foot driveway and the first year we had to shovel because we were house poor.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 12/1/22 1:48 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I hate exercising indoors. I am forced because it has been below 30° and that has been too cold for me. I call that thing the dread mill. I been doing the elliptical but very much prefer the gym or running outside,

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 12/1/22 9:57 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

So late to the party, due to that thing that comes down from the sky and we are not used to it. RAIN!!! Had to scramble and get all the deck furniture covered because the "rainy season" has begun. We might get up to an inch today...woohoo!! Can you guys hear the sarcasm in my voice?

QOTD: my name was the bane of my existence until I moved to US. My mom and a dad saw a movie where the actress/character's name was Sheila. They decided if I'm a girl they name me Sheila. On one hand I'm grateful they went with the accurate English spelling, on the other hand growing up I had to spell my name and nobody would pronounce it right. In Italy you read the way you write so they would read my name as sh-ey-la. On top of that we don't have SH sound so they would say s-ey-La with silent h. When I would tell them the correct pronunciation they would say "oh, like the little town near the tip of the boot near Sicily, Scilla?" Heck no, don't butcher my name like that! A lot of people if I just told them my name they would write it like that, scilla!! My mom always laughs when I say these stories and tells me by naming me Sheila she destined me for US!!

Accountability: carb/chocolate withdrawals is real. Headache and always looking around to eat something.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Tuna pouch + turkey
  • Protein puffs, quest chips, few plantain chips
  • Hot cocoa
  • E: cardio + weight

Happy jr Fri-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 12/1/22 11:29 am, edited 12/1/22 3:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

We have that issue with our last name (Iaccarino) - only the opposite. It was so great being in Italy where everyone pronounced it correctly! Here if they see it written out they don't know how to pronounce it - and if they hear us say it then don't know how to spell it. We're aware that there some people on the East Coast whose last name is "Yaccarino". We think it was probably originally "Iaccarino", but they got tired of having to pronounce it for people. Yaccarino is easier for Americans - there'd only be two ways I can think of to pronounce that. With Iaccarino, people just stare at it and don't know where to begin...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Sheila_H
on 12/1/22 12:04 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

LOL. That's because we don't have Y in our alphabet. My mom's name, Iolanda, has the same issue here.

We don't have J, K, W, X, Y in our alphabet. And guess what I called my kids? DD starts with J and DS starts with K. My mom says I did it to pay her back for my name.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 12/1/22 1:11 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

"And guess what I called my kids? DD starts with J and DS starts with K. My mom says I did it to pay her back for my name"

- LOL!!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 12/1/22 4:19 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

We are getting some rain today too!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

ladygodiva1228
on 12/1/22 10:27 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Good Afternoon. Busy getting things done at work before my surgery next week.

Bacon wrapped avocado MMMM.

So we may possibly be having piglets at the end of March instead of the planned end of April. My husband went to feed the animals last night and came back up rather quickly to get my help. Spud the Stud realized the electric fence was off from the rotten weather we were having and he rutted under the electric fence strand, hog panel, and then proceeded to lift the hog panel and round pen panel we have that separates him from the girls. Needless to say I know Sunday is in heat as she has been talking to him for the past two days from her side of the pen. My husband was very upset, but after a hour and a half trying to get him back in his pen I told my husband leave him. If they are bred they are bred. Plus my husband might have fractured his hand when he slipped in the mud and fell. Never a boring moment when you have a farm. LOL

QOTD: None that I know of or at least have been told.

5am coffee with raw milk

B: Was supposed to be eggs, but didn't have time to eat them

L: Buffalo chicken wrap

D: Greek salad with grilled chicken

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views