What's on your Thursday Menu?

catwoman7
on 1/5/23 5:51 am, edited 1/4/23 9:52 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I was planning to go to an Aqua Zumba class later this morning, but there's some snow on the ground - not a lot, but enough to make me think I don't really want to drive all the way across town to the branch of the gym where the class will be at (wow - mangled grammar - sorry!). I'll go to the regular water aerobics class at the branch that's a five-minute drive from my house. I just do everything faster than the instructor does so it'll somewhat mimic Aqua Zumba (which, depending on the instructor, is more intense than regular water aerobics classes). Other than that, nothing on the agenda, but I plan to do some reading and doing some work for one of my committees (i.e, finding a speaker for a lecture I need to plan for February)

I noticed another obesity-related class when I was perusing the schedule of classes last night in search of a class at the Madison campus (the other one I mentioned the other day - the nutrition one where the focus is weight loss and obesity - is an online class hosted by the Milwaukee campus -- I'm going to apply for permission to take that one as well). This one is via the sociology dept - it's on "Fatness" (obesity from a sociological perspective - how people react to it, treat obese people, etc). Unfortunately, it's an in person class, which I didn't really want to take during spring semester because half the semester you have to worry about inclement weather, but in this case, it's worth the risk. If i get in, I can always skip an occasional class if the weather is really bad. I'm hoping I'll get into that one as well. I'm sure I'll be able to relate to it!

btw - I had to look up "tamagochi". Big in the 90s and early 2000's - no wonder I hadn't heard of it - I'm too old (plus I don't have kids!). Glad to know what it is in case it ever comes up in conversation - I hate feeling clueless!

B: not hungry - so I'll probably just have some Greek yogurt before I head to the pool. Coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake (I'd have that now instead of the yogurt, but I don't want to have to get out of the pool to go to the bathroom halfway into the class!)

L: chickpea/miso spread on 35-calorie bread

AS: protein muffin

D: salad with chicken and light dressing

have a good day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 1/5/23 5:55 am
RNY on 06/03/15

P.S. Forgot the QOTD - besides some of the other things people have mentioned, I also hate it when someone's blinker is still on after they've turned a corner, and they don't notice it - so I'm driving down the highway seeing that damn blinker in front of me. ARRGGHH! (although to be honest, that's happened to me as well - I'll look down and notice my blinker is one, even though I turned a corner five miles back!)

lmfontana4
on 1/5/23 7:36 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Those nutrition classes sound interesting. A co-worker recommended a book by Michelle May called Mindful Eating that I am going to look into.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

White Dove
on 1/5/23 5:52 am - Warren, OH

I have long since stopped being annoyed by drivers. I accept that there are a lot of lousy drivers and it is not worth it for me to get upset. I used to pretend that they were my mom and try to have compassion for them.

One exception is when I am doing the speed limit and get tailgated. I actually had someone do that one day and after they passed me, a police car pulled them over. That was so satisfying.

There are people who post things like they regained 80 pounds while only eating 800 calories a day. They only track 800 calories and think that the rest don't count.

catwoman7
on 1/5/23 5:57 am, edited 1/4/23 9:57 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I've seen that as well (people claiming they're gaining weight on 800 kcal/day (well, other than a daily water fluctuation)). Impossible. And clear they don't actually track what they're eating.

Partlypollyanna
on 1/5/23 6:58 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Wow, there are people on this thread that have said they can't lose unless they are under 800 calories and these are people that do track and are disciplined. Im not sure id say impossible but maybe rare and do to specific metabolism issues and I'm grateful to not have to be that stringent myself!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 1/5/23 9:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

agreed but...gaining 80 lbs while eating 800 calories a day? (I was responding to what White Dove said - above my post). That seems very unlikely.

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/6/23 12:24 pm

"There are people who post things like they regained 80 pounds while only eating 800 calories a day. They only track 800 calories and think that the rest don't count."

Beside that, i also roll my eyes all the way backwards when people post or tell that they can't eat anything, they throw up all the time, or have runs ... yet they complain they gained a lot of weight over 3 or 6 months. I had a time when I couldn't eat much, and when I ate I was in pain, or have thrown up often, and ... I lost a bunch of weight in 2 months...I had to start adding fats and protein shakes to stop losing as fast... They I think of bunch of people who call themselves "breatharians" and I realize that it must be them...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Emiepie
on 1/5/23 5:56 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Friday-Eve in the works already. Today will be a busy one since it's check date and I'm working on an improvement project too. Hopefully, the other team members are able to handle most of the check stuff so I can work on my project/ spreadsheet. Thank you all for the birthday wishes, it was a good one.

QOTD: I don't like tailgating. I'll move out of your way as soon as I can. Plus, most of the time someone else is right in front of me so they can't get very far.

TSS: 8 years 3 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: P3 pack, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Tri tip, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt and toast with carbmaster bread

E: upper arm with weights

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1418 Protein:113 Carbs:122 Fat:59

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 1/5/23 6:19 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Glad to hear that you had a Happy Birthday. I am taking my son to Wahlburgers tonight, and its actually in the town where Donny and Jenny live, but I doubt that he will be there. If he is, I will get you a picture.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4