What's on your Sunday menu?

catwoman7
on 1/8/23 9:07 am, edited 1/8/23 1:10 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All! (it's still morning in Wisconsin, albeit late morning...)

not much going on today, other than my mother is freaked out about your computer again. I don't know what's up - what she was saying didn't make a lot of sense - so I'll head back over there again later today (was just there yesterday).

I think I created a hornet's nest re: my family yesterday. Evidently my niece has decided to buy a new (to her anyway) car. She's planning to trade in both her old one, and the one my mother gave her a few months ago (since her old one was starting to become a maintenance nightmare - it seemed to be in the shop all the time). My mother volunteered to co-sign the loan. When she told me this (yesterday), I told her that she should probably be aware of the risk of doing that - like if my niece got behind on her payments or defaulted on the loan (which would not surprise me AT ALL), my mother would end up holding the bag - and possibly causing some damage to her credit rating to boot. BUT...as long as she was aware of that and decided to go through with it regardless, then...fine. But my mother is NOT a risk-taker, and she decided right away that she didn't want to sign any loans. She's OK with giving my niece some money towards a down payment, or helping her with the monthly payments if need be, but she was NOT going to have her name on any loans. So then I went grocery shopping for her. When I got home, she was on the phone with my sister in Nevada (my niece's mother), who was practically screaming at her. Unbeknownst to any of us, my sister and her husband were planning to apply for a mortgage, and they didn't want that loan on their credit record. Well, it would have been nice if we'd have known that (they never told any of us that before...) - but still, my mother doesn't want to co-sign the loan. So my sister is livid. And I even got a couple of nasty, uncalled for texts from her husband last night, which I responded to by just blocking him. Honestly, even given their situation, I think it's more my sister's responsibility to co-sign loans for her daughter, not my 87-year-old mother. And if niece gets an older car and makes a substantial down payment, she may only need a small loan that wouldn't have a big effect on my sister's mortgage dreams (we're also wondering why they are thinking of buying their first house when they're in their 60s (and I doubt they have much saved up - they're not savers). Is the bank even going to offer a 30-year mortgage to people that age? And if a 15-year, are they going to be able to afford the monthly payments? And then there are balloon loans, but those can be a risk if you can't manage to get another mortgage in five years (or whenever) when the balloon comes due so you can pay the balloon off. Well, all this is neither here nor there, or any of my business, other than my sister and her husband are really upset with me - and my niece was mad at my mother for not wanting to sign the loan (but my sister will sign it - so not sure why my niece would be upset - she'll get a car regardless...) - so anyway, big mess. I shouldn't have brought anything up in the first place, but my mother obviously didn't know the risk of co-signing a loan - and I think she needed to be aware of that before signing the dotted line.

OK - sorry to vent.

B: coffee with half & half

MS: 1 C cottage cheese with 2 T cranberry/cherry compote

L: may have a protein shake around 1:00 or 2:00, since I just ate the cottage cheese a few minutes ago

D: I'm making a pared-down version of lasagna, since i still had some of the ingredients left over from Christmas. It has about half the cheese, and chicken sausage (so small piece of that. I'll cut the pan into 16 pieces)

hope everyone has a good Sunday!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/8/23 12:59 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

I'm glad your mom was able to make an informed decision thanks to you. You're right, she should know.

Hope the loan and mortgage ultimately work out for them, though it's an uncomfortable place to be with the economy. Maybe she could save a bit more to trade in for the full price of the car she wants. From what I hear, it's super competitive out there for cars right now!

Hope your day has improved!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Lisa91941
on 1/8/23 9:29 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Wonderful day yesterday and a beautiful day ahead. Weather is sunny and cool. Perfect for me.

Yesterday we were very productive. The painting got finished, I got in a four mile walk, we borrowed my son in law's battery powered auger and got the 2 fence holes dug we need, saw Ain't Too Proud which was amazing, had a great dinner out and we were home before 8. Whew!

Today we have taken all the upstairs closet stuff back up and I've organized everything and put it away. We cannot quite put the bathroom together for a week because they advised us to just let the paint harden to get the best results. But everything is out of our bedroom and back upstairs. Rog has to put the curtains and the mirror back up and we are good to go until the 21st when we have to take all the furniture out for the new carpet. I'd also like to get in a walk or do the stairs. We have serious weather coming and that's going to keep me inside doing videos during the mid week.

My for reals yesterday were 2 glasses of wine, one at the show and one at the restaurant and an Old Fashioned. I choose parmesan gnocchi with dinner and added meatballs. I ate about 6 gnocchi and one meatball. Also one very small piece of bread and two bites of the deep fried burrata. Plus one Dove square when we got home.

Menu today

B: 1 cup homemade white bean and chicken meatball soup. Plus parm. It was very yummy.

L: leftover pork roast, orange and goat cheese

D: Rolled stuffed skirt steak and spinach salad

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Partlypollyanna
on 1/8/23 9:37 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Deep fried Buratta sounds delicious

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 1/8/23 10:05 am
RNY on 10/29/19

It really was!

momyshaver
on 1/8/23 11:23 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Good Afternoon Everyone

I hope you can get some rest and relief from the pain Melody. Thanks for starting the weekend thread for today.

I think that I am ready to get my head back in the game with food. I need to lose some weight actually, (crazy after the past few years). Pregnancy hormones are WILD and did some things metabolically in my case. I did try very hard to gain weight for the baby and he was a good weight for being 3 months early, (according to the nicu). I am breastfeeding so I am supposed to be hitting certain benchmarks, but I also am looking to see if I get a restriction more in line with what I should be feeling. I need to be making better choices with my food but also trying to eat through the day even though I am not hungry until late in the afternoon and super distracted. Baby boy is 5 months actual/2 months adjusted now and it is easier to be more of in a routine but sometimes it is still challenging. I am trying to take it as it comes but still make the best choices for the situation when it comes to food.

Breakfast - soy coffee, (half plain soy milk half coffee)

Lunch - oatmeal with soymilk, chia seed, cinnamon

Dinner - Eggs, fried spam, (don't judge me lol)

I also snagged 2 very small baklava squares from the kitchen table. Thankfully my SO will likely finish the rest of them if I can just steer clear of them until then I will be spared from the temptation to graze on something that overall doesn't make me feel as good as I thought it would when I grabbed it and stuffed it in my mouth

One of my adult daughters bought me a new water bottle for the holidays. It is a Cirkul. I like it so far and it supports my goals of better hydration this year, going forward.

catwoman7
on 1/8/23 11:47 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Haven't seen you on the thread for awhile - welcome back!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?