What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Julia S.
on 1/10/23 6:44 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I had always thought that I could do it on my own. At one time I lost 90lbs and maintained it for 5 years, until I had a hysterectomy and went on a downward slide. My roommate is who got me interested in the surgery, it was a long road to get it and I almost gave up, but I'm so glad I didn't. I'm not where I want to be, but I'm a lot closer than I would have been without the surgery.

I've been dealing with serious nausea in the evening, and I'm not sure what is causing it. OK last night I was bad I had ramen noodles and was waiting to vomit. Not a pretty picture, this is 2 nights in a row. Last night I took half of a promethazine and I slept great and the nausea finally went away. I need to be better at sticking to dense protein and skipping the carbs. No excuses it was just the easy thing to make.

Today is our neighborhood lunch at a Mexican restaurant, I'm going to try to make it. I'm thinking fish tacos with no sides, and stay away from the chips but I probably won't.

I know I need to face the scale, and I probably will tomorrow morning. If you hear screams you will know it's me.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

catwoman7
on 1/10/23 7:05 am
RNY on 06/03/15

nausea is the WORST! I'm sorry you've been dealing with it so often. I hope you can figure out what's causing it - that would be miserable!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/10/23 7:24 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

It is so hard to resist all the carbs! I'm in the avoiding the scale camp with you at the moment. It will give you a set point to work from. Good luck!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Teenie
on 1/10/23 6:58 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Only Tuesday huh. Oh well, guess I'll make the best of it. That is fantastic news that you will be profitable in your new business. Of course, you won't make the kind of money you were making but you love your boss and everyone you're working with. Winning.

So, no one was able to DVR 90day on Monday, and I can no longer DVR any of the 90 franchise shows. When I called Xfiniity there is no explanation. All other shows record. Even others on TLC. Wonder why it has been blocked. I can still get in on Demand. I'll watch it on my phone while processing orders today.

I am getting my stiches out tomorrow so depending on what time I may be early or late to the game tomorrow. I'll see how it all works out.

QOTD: 2015 I went through 6 months of evaluations diet and testing only to chicken out the week before. I did not like the surgeon or his PA. She was a tiny little thing that never had weight issues and after 6 month I never met 1 of his patients. I was told I couldn't because of HIPPA which I know is complete BS because I am sure one of his patients would have been willing to speak to me. Even in the initial consultation when there were about 30 people looking into it and they were giving us the details of how the program worked not one post op spoke on his behalf. I know he is a great surgeon just wasn't warm and fuzzy to me.

Accountability: I did very well till I sat down to relax then I snacked on Peanuts Pistachios and some keto snack.

TSS: 5 years 30 days 160.8 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with Torani SF Salted Caramel syrup

MS: Light and Fit Creme Brulee Greek yogurt and berries

CB: Coffee with Torani SF Salted Caramel syrup

L: Premier Root Beer Float Protein shake

D: pork and sauerkraut

Exercise: Nope

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use Miralax and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/10/23 7:28 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

It's funny how HIPAA seems to be so randomly applied. At my clinic there was a required group conference on the day of my pre op. It included four other people having surgery the same day and the surgeon talked about what kind of surgery we were all having. I think they do it in a group setting for liability reasons since that's where you signed to accept the surgical risks. So yeah, strange that surgeon pushed it off.

Yay for you getting stitches out tomorrow!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Lisa91941
on 1/10/23 7:13 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! The sun is just coming up and it is pouring out there. Nothing like Amy and Sheila are experiencing. We'll have some flooding, but not the terrible wind they have taking out trees and our surf isn't as high. Stay safe girlies!!!

Yesterday I stayed on plan almost completely. I was too full from my main lunch to eat my half apple, that's in the fridge for today, but somehow I had room for a chocolate square before bed. Weird.

Today's plan is to work on paint trim upstairs. We hired painters for the walls and bathroom. One wall is about 14 feet high over the staircase and none of us wanted to get on a ladder and try to tackle the trim work by the ceiling. But we negotiated the pricing down if we painted the french doors and the window sills. Should be easy peasy. I would also like to run to Target for some organizing items for the RV and Kohl's to return/exchange a jacket. We'll see if I feel like going out into the rain.

QoTD: Without sounding dramatic, I was a never-WLS person because my sister had it, abused it, abused herself, became a meth addict and an alcoholic and then died very suddenly at 50. One week after she turned left in front of an oncoming school bus and blew a .32 (no typo here) at 8 am in the morning. I'm not sure looking back what had me more freaked, the eating abuse (I'm talking having a Jack in the Box burger less than ten days out because "she was hungry") or that she became an addict. Addiction runs in our family. I tried everything else except programs that provided the meals as my doctor thinks those are a total waste of time, no long term success really. So I fought the weight and fought the weight and then went through menopause and started adding even more weight. Then had a hysterectomy and started putting on a pound a month. I cried uncle, went to the doc and he gave me the referral to the surgeon. I had a 5-6 week wait to see her while they confirmed what my insurance would cover. I saw her in early August, had the surgery October 29. Zero regrets.

Menu today looks like:
B: 1-2 oz brie with fruit compote made with stevia, half apple

L: leftover turkey and butternut squash skillet, baby carrots if there is room

D: A little bit of ribeye steak, TJ's Artichoke timbales, 1 baby potato

(Does anybody else have to come back to the list during the day to remember what you wanted to heat up for a meal? I do all the time!)

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Partlypollyanna
on 1/10/23 7:16 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Yes! I come back to see what my plan was

frequently

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 1/10/23 7:23 am
RNY on 06/03/15

addiction runs in my family as well. After being a smoker (quit in 2005) and being overweight/obese my whole life, I've always been very careful about "substances", including alcohol. Too much of it in my family, and I know I have an addictive personality (if there is such a thing...)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 1/10/23 7:52 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Mine was very quick too. I did my first visit on October 9, 2017, and surgery was December 11, 2017. I think the 6-month wait was what deterred me from doing it the first time. I had too long to think about it. I am so sorry about your sister. My brother was a drop-dead alcoholic, and they did weight loss surgery and he never stopped drinking. Not until 3 years ago when he realized if he didn't get it under control due to diabetes, he'd probably end up having things cut off due to gangrene. He has lost over 100lbs since he stopped drinking.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 1/10/23 8:24 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Your sister's story is very sad and scary. I am sorry!

That's why I always post what I ate the day BEFORE, because my plans change all the time.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 470 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 429 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 361 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 445 views