What's on your Sunday menu?

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/29/23 10:30 am, edited 1/29/23 2:37 am

Happy Sunday. Rain is coming and the weather forecast indicates it's going to rain practically every day this week. Ugh. My body hates rain.

QOTD: my favorite vegetables and favorite vegetable I can eat are very different things. Unfortunately my body doesn't tolerate nightshade and I gave up potatoes very very long time ago, but peppers and tomatoes were my staples. My gut was ok with them. The other vegetables that I love and I grew up on was cabbage family vegetables: cabbage, sour krout, cauliflower- my gut really doesn't tolerate so that's out also. What I can eat and I like is spinach, cucumbers (skin removed), and good European type pickles (Polish, German, naturally pickled). When I arrived in US and first time bought regular American pickles- I had to toss them. I just couldn't. Lately I can tolerate some lettuce, mostly romaine, or butter.., some belgium endives are also ok. Let's not forget squash, summer squash or winter squash. But not spaghetti squash - too much fiber. (I have SIBO and most vegetables can cause severe pain, cramps and gas in my small intestine).

My least favorite food is Mexican: I can't eat rice, beans, corn, tomatoes, peppers, and onions. So if Keith's family insist on Mexican place - I'm out. I used to order fajitas, but once nightshade became an issue for me (due to arthritis), that is out. So there is practically nothing I can eat there. Very frustrating.

Yesterday we went to Costco to return the new Christmas tree we bought in December. I really liked it, but the remote was faulty. The tree had lights built in, but with the remote not working, we were stuck in one mode of light (it had 4 modes), not allows the one we wanted.

Then we went to dinner and I made a mistake of getting a large glass of wine. I'm sensitive to alcohol, so by the end of the dinner I just wanted to sleep. Keith drove us home, and I went to bed. He had to unload all the groceries. And I slept (on and off****il 6am today. So 11 hrs in bed, probably got 9-10 hrs of real sleep. I needed it.

Laundry today, and Keith is going to install our new dishwasher. It was delivered yesterday at 8am. That's why I didn't get enough sleep on Saturday. They woke me up at 7:15 to let me know we are the first delivery for the day.

Eats today: *I follow IF

B: Coffee, lots of coffee and tea.

L: some thinly sliced Swiss cheese, maybe shrimps litter later.

D: I have no clue. Yesterday dinner was at a place that allows you to buy a second "dinner to go" for $10; dinner at or below the price od your original dinner. I got veal and spinach, so that's may be it for tonight. Or whatever...

Snack: An apple or 1/2 grapefruit.

Activities: laundry. Lots of laundry and checking the fridges to see if I need to reheat or toss some foods.

I hate throwing food away, but I'm not a garbage disposal. And Keith often doesn't remember he has leftovers if I'm not there to reheat that for him. That also applies to desserts. I.e. he would forget he has tiramisu (small servings in glasses- from Costco).

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

White Dove
on 1/29/23 11:19 am - Warren, OH

I cured myself of the guilt about throwing food away by saying, shall I put this in the trash can or should I run it through my body first and then put it in the sewer system tomorrow.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

GracielaSusana
on 1/29/23 1:42 pm - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

QOTD. Least favorite veg is eggplant. Or summer squash when it is over cooked, but that is a preparation problem not a flavor one. My least favorite (hate) is liver. I can't stand the smell either, so it won't ever be cooked in my home!

It is a gorgeous day here, if the beaches were open, I would go just to walk there. (still closed from hurricane due to dangerous debris is water). But I am home watching the football playoff with husband while enjoying a beer, ice cold. Not something I usually have anymore!

Menu. Peach, cantaloupe, Protein Shake, popcorn, Omelette with salsa, Beer! I missed lunch today, forgot to bring anything and did not have time to go pick something up. Hence the popcorn, snack size. I am low on calories, so may eat something else later on.

Melody I hope they get your pain pump issues resolved soon. itching is the worst.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 428 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views