What's on your Wednesday Menu?

catwoman7
on 2/1/23 9:28 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I drove through there once years ago when I was driving a friend's car to Phoenix (she was driving the U-Haul (she was moving there)). We did take route 66 a big chunk of the way there. Interesting drive - although way too long. I'd never do it again. But I do remember driving through Amarillo. We may have even stopped there for lunch or something...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Dcgirl
on 2/1/23 5:07 am, edited 1/31/23 9:08 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning Q JB and menu friends,

I can?t seem to sleep more than six hours since getting home from the hospital. But at least I?m in my own bed! I developed a pretty severe stabbing pain in my side towards the back yesterday which I?m trying to figure out - is it worrisome? Part of healing? I have a blood draw at the medical center so I may see if my surgeon can squeeze me in. To be on the safe side. It doesn?t seem to be near where my insides were cleaned and scooped out but I?m a bit paranoid after last week haha.

In great news, my body tolerated cottage cheese, yogurt and cream of wheat. What a dreamy day to be off jello! I?ll have more of the same today. My surgeon doesn?t require these phases for weeks on end so maybe by the weekend I can try some tuna or mashed egg salad. It?s not like the RNY the first time around. It would be delightful to have some crab meat or flaky fish sometimes next week. Hashtag goals.

QOTD: I have a lot of current, situational pet peeves but my biggest overall pet peeve is ******** on the internet. People who think it?s ok to make heinous comments, rude statements, and things like that. I don?t experience it since I just use social sites to connect with friends and LinkedIn for work, but my stepkids will tell me about ?oh this person posted X and all these people said Y? and man, I worry about how all these kids are going to grow up with a bunch of anonymous people spewing hate at them. My stepdaughter even told me people are going in on Selena Gomez for her weight gain, calling her an ugly whale (speaking of your pet peeve). WTAF?

Today I have a Coumadin blood work appointment, may swing by the surgeons, and if I have the energy I?ll take my stepdaughter to Costco to stock up on single wrapped snacks to bring my two nursing units. My nurses were all EXCEPTIONAL, and I can?t wait to bring them gifts and cards. They took such good care of me, I loved them all.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/1/23 5:43 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Hey there! I read your other post and want to say...glad you're home and healing. That sounds like a terrifying experience. Can you call your surgeon to ask about the pain? Always better safe than sorry.

I hear you on that pet peeve. People still seem to feel safer spewing hatred on the internet. It's truly sad to see and I worry for those coming behind in how they learn social skills and coping in daily interactions. Phew!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Melody P.
on 2/1/23 6:03 am, edited 1/31/23 10:03 pm - Amarillo, TX

I hear you on the nasty people. I also heard Selena Gomez being got after for her shaky hands. Blew my mind. Knowing what little I know about her medical history?it just blows my mind that people are so nasty. I don?t get it.

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/1/23 7:08 am

I'm glad to see you are on a mend. When I have digestive issues - often egg drop soup with a tap of butter is a great thing. Once you are ok to eat eggs. But even when my system hated solid foods, or and eggs - egg drop soup was supper easy. I would have to beat them up pretty good (mixer) to get very fine consistency.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Dcgirl
on 2/1/23 7:35 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I've never made egg drop soup! I'll go look up recipes, I really enjoy it. So far my stomach seems to be perfectly fine so I'm glad to be mending well. I'm just taking it easy and making sure to include enough Greek yogurt to get protein in.

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/1/23 8:19 am

The easier egg drop soup: boil the stock or bone broth. adjust to taste. Break 2 eggs (or more) beat them, or blend them well in a personal blender. Pour the eggs into the hot liquid. Wait and watch - as the mixture boils - turn it off and take off the stove as the mixture is raising up (it can overboil). Add thing is you wan to: chopped fresh dill, any other greens, some avocado, or a touch of a fresh lemon juice, spices if you tolerate. I like to add good fresh pat or butter to the soup in the bowl. The additives are not needed in early recovery - but the soup is great for any cold day. or day when yo get home and are hungry and want to fix something very fast. When I'm on normal diet - i just mix the egg with a fork, so there are bigger egg pieces. Cooking t longer, makes the egg harder. Getting the pot of the stove as it starts boiling again and transferring the hot soup into a bowl stops the boiling process and eggs are supper soft and easy to digest.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sheila_H
on 2/1/23 7:20 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Could the stabbing be from the surgery pumping you with air? Remember when we had the RNY they told us we'd have some pain due to the air pumped in? I'm not saying to ignore the pain, absolutely call your Dr, but it could be that.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Dcgirl
on 2/1/23 7:40 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

The surgeons are all in surgery but they said maybe it's constipation? It could be a pinched nerve? Since it's not causing shortness of breath or fever they said to monitor and go to the EE if it gets worse. I'll do Tylenol today and see how I get on! I see my PCP tomorrow so I'll ask!

Amy Liz
on 2/1/23 7:28 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Please listen to your body and get that pain checked out! So happy you are on the mend and yay for non jello foods!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics