What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 3/10/23 12:41 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hope everyone is ready for a great weekend, because it's Fridayyyyyyyy! I am ahead of schedule with everything I needed to do for classes, so I hope to have a super chill day today. I didn't sleep well at all and I forgot to eat again yesterday, so I could use a nice day off.

Here are my pics for the week! Fun in Maine!

1.) The rare wood store. This does not even begin to capture the size and scale of the warehouse, but you get the idea.

2.) John and I found the store we should be running!

3.) This part of Maine has some great town names. Love this sign!

4.) Last--a lucky little cookie that I made yesterday :)

QOTD: Jen's report on MH370 made me wonder--what mystery would you love to know the real answer to? SO many! But today I will pick that I would love to know who stole the paintings from the Isabella Stewart Garden Museum and where they are now.

B: Protein Coffee

L: Egg Bites

D: Chicken & Parsnip Soup

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 3/10/23 1:02 am, edited 3/9/23 5:08 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning QJB and menuers!

Made it to Friday! Worth a celebration. Yay on being ahead for cookie classes! Love those pics. Looks like they have everything in Maine.

QOTD- Might be too early for this one. Will come back.

I want to wish everyone a happy belated international women's day. We had some great programming at work on Wednesday for it. I was very surprised to see a lot being done on making women's issues less taboo in the workplace. That means a lot since it was a reminder how many topics women deal with that are taboo.

Today is another office day since I have two executive meetings and then a dental cleaning in my run up to my first filling next week and the extractions in two.

Looks like work travel is shaping up to include DC again in April, New Orleans in June, and Atlanta I think in July. Miiight have Toronto in May. I'm pushing for that since I really should be there. Nothing is final yet but yeah, that's more than the last two years together!

I also Googled DEXA scans. The nearest place listed is two hours away. There are a couple places that do Inbody I'll call around for. Looks like my nutritionist from 2017 is defunct. Options!

Accountability- At one of the meetings yesterday after forgetting to bring food, I got a jalapeño cheddar kolache and ate the sausage and maybe 10% of the bread.

Exercise - about to go elliptical since I'm up and the hamster is going on the squeaky wheel that is my brain.

Menu - the last powerful shake I got to try, ratio yogurt, red beans and proteins, mushrooms, a mandarin orange...need to eat more of the protein pasta. Maybe when I get home after the cleaning.

Pics are of a blurry, tiny spring flower cluster, the bigger pieces of random stuff I dug up last weekend, and a sign at Sonic I drove by on the way to work.

Cheers, everyone. Happy Friday!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Queen JB
on 3/10/23 4:38 am
RNY on 07/20/15

These were my international women's day cookies!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

lmfontana4
on 3/10/23 11:12 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Awesome Sauce!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 3/10/23 1:59 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Oh I love these! They looked like pins at first glance. Such creativity!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Melody P.
on 3/10/23 2:48 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone, love that leprechaun cookie! My grandpa's birthday was on St.Patrick's day and it fit him! I love the day.

Today my mom and me are going out to lunch with my aunt. It'll be Thai...which is what my aunt always wants now lol. It's hard for me since most things have a ton of rice stuff. I'm going to ask if I could get vegetable seafood fried rice sans the rice. If not I get to pick through. Then we'll likely go to the thrift stores. I'm not really wanting to do this today but I need too, my aunt takes forever as does my mom when it comes to shopping. Shopping isn't my thing.

I'm just so tired I could cry. If it wouldn't make me feel worse I would cry. No matter how much I sleep or don't sleep I'm still exhausted. It just feels so overwhelming. My pain pump is still flipping around when I take a shower in the morning so I'm not overly happy with that crap.

Remember the crappy neighbor that we got Mona from? It looks like he is moving back into his old meth house. He's on probation so he'd better walk a fine line as we are not going to tread lightly with him...no warnings just callin the cops.

QOTD: there is a little boy that went missing here in my town that they never found his body or anything about his whereabouts. It didn't garner any attention from big media or even much locally. Why? He was African American. I think he was 8 or 9 when he went missing. Dorien Thomas was his name. I think about him often and this all happened 24 or so years ago.

B: JUST egg cup and sadly a cereal bar

L: seafood vegetable fried rice maybe a shrimp roll

D: beef roast stew

S: ??????

my pics are of a necklace that only took me two days to weave and bruised my hands LOL. There is one of Opal sunning herself and a funny meme.

(deactivated member)
on 3/10/23 3:38 am
RNY on 01/24/23

So sorry you're not well and not sleeping well :(

Partlypollyanna
on 3/10/23 3:43 am
RNY on 02/14/18

yum, thai! there are so many protein and veggie forward options - I almost always either get the panang curry and vary the protein or the tom kha Gai soup..and I do love their spring rolls too. Enjoy!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 3/10/23 5:05 am - Amarillo, TX

I do love the spring rolls! I wish the place we're going had a more diverse menu. I'll probably do that satay.

White Dove
on 3/10/23 4:15 am - Warren, OH

My grandmother's birthday was St. Patrick's Day and so was her brothers. People who were born in Ireland up until around 1920 did not know what day their birthday was. The church would record the birth just as the season, winter, spring, summer or fall. When they emigrated to the United States, they learned that people here had an actual date for their birthday and many of them chose March 17 in honor of St Patrick.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends