What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Emiepie
on 3/5/24 5:59 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I'm so happy you found just the right place for you, it's awesome. I hope your gerd gets better. Today is check distribution day and although my impact on that part is minimized some with my new role it's still the priority today.

QOTD: fried potato, yum! I usually go for broccoli

TSS: 9 years 6 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Shredded chicken breast, zero carb tortillas, cauliflower rice, banana, and dark chocolate

ES: yogurt and toast

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: I still need to enter into MFP

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 3/5/24 6:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we had pretty good work/life balance when I worked at the university library, too. There were a handful of times of the year when I was working on a big project that I put in a lot of hours, but mostly, it was a 40-hour-a-week job. I could never work in a corporate environment where people routinely put in 60+ hours a week. It's just not worth the bigger salaries to me. Life is too short.

I start cat sitting for my neighbor's cat, Buddy, today. I get the sense she worries about him, so I'll take a picture of him every day and send it to her (our cat sitter does that). Class today, but nothing else. As usual, I should try to make some headway on reading for my classes. Or I could start dealing with some of the boxes of stuff that we brought home from MIL's apartment that we still haven't dealt with. Lots of stuff I could be doing...

QOTD: I guess I don't have a favorite, but lately I've taken a liking to charred Brussels sprouts. I'm normally not a huge fan of Brussels sprouts, but I love those crispy, charred ones.

coffee with half & half

plain nonfat Greek yogurt with raspberries and kiwi, crumpet with butter and SF jam

bagged salad, maybe a couple of cheese sticks

Ratio yogurt or a protein bar

the spinach lasagna that's going to die if I don't (finally) eat it..

ex: haven't checked the weather, but probably walking (might be a bit too cool for biking - although I'm going to start biking to class when I can since it doesn't get dar****il after 6:00 now (and besides, we'll be on daylight saving time soon anyway..))

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 3/5/24 6:36 am - Warren, OH

When I had a cat and cat sitter, I was always so happy if they sent a picture of the cat. I wanted to see her on her favorite blanket and looking comfortable and content.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Greateight
on 3/5/24 6:37 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

My older son got an email notification to order his cap and gown yesterday. So exciting! I guess that it has been a long tradition at their school that each graduating engineer gets a Mining Engineers hat. To me, the hats look like regular cowboy hats, but part of the original purpose was top keep water off of the engineer's head while they were walking through the mine shafts and also to make the engineers easily identifiable from a distance.

Nowadays, it's pretty unlikely that the young engineers will need to be identified from further than across the computer room, but it's still a tradition. And if there is water dripping on the servers, that's a problem.

We have 8 people going to graduation, and he only gets 6 tickets, so we need to maneuver a bit to get the extra two tickets. And my son still has quite a bit of classwork left to do in the next two months. But its getting close.

QOTD: Have we forgotten Mac and cheese? Also creamed spinach and any kind of hash brown/ home fry, please.

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: Roast Beef

Dinner: Pork chops

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 3/5/24 8:03 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Wow you really went creamed spinach didn't you. How did I forget. I make mine with Mascarpone and toasted pine nuts at home with lots of salt and pepper. Yes, Definity one of my favorite sides.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 3/5/24 8:46 am, edited 3/5/24 12:48 am
RNY on 08/29/18

What gives it that nutmeg flavor? Is it the mascarpone?

LOL, just looked up the recipe and the Nutmeg flavor is from actual Nutmeg. What will they think of next?

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 3/5/24 9:50 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

My bad yes, I add the nutmeg. Not very good without it.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 3/5/24 6:39 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Wow, the graduation is coming up so quickly.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 3/5/24 6:54 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Such a successful day yesterday. Loads of things on my to list checked off. No exercise happened and some bogus M&M's (Sprouts brand) made their way into my mouth. Why do I ever go grocery shopping when I am starving? The good news is I bought lots of healthy and yummy stuff and M&M's be damned, I'm back on track with options.

Today is looking for granite for counter tops, trying to find a handyman to do a bit of painting, finish our taxes and research bathroom lighting options. Oh, and an MRI. It's tonight, not last night. Glad I figured that out before I left the house.

QoTD: Potatoes in all their forms except with truffle oil on them. Sorry, Jim. Asparagus, broccoli, roasted anything.

bites today

B: egg and bacon and one piece protein bread

L: left over chicken thighs with chickpeas, tomatoes, red onion, goat cheese and onion honey. Can't wait.

D: new recipe. Harissa butter flank steak with roasted carrots

greek yogurt if I need an afternoon push through

Peace Everyone.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Teenie
on 3/5/24 7:13 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

JB this is great news that you finally got the job that you deserve. I'm so glad you held out for the one that fit you the best. An hour in 20 minutes in Pittsburgh is pretty much unheard of unless you live 60 or more miles away. Also, we rarely use public transportation here. Most people drive and public transportation is primary for people who do not own cars.

Afterwork, I went to visit mom in the hospital. She is very well rested, and they put her on Wellbutrin to curb her tobacco use but I think it is working more as the antidepressant medicine. She is happy and very talkative which is not her at all. I need to talk to the doctors and see if this is something we can continue. She was very fun and very pleasant. She is even aware that she will need assisted living to rehab after this and she is ok with all of it. She said as longs as I am walking to bowl in the summer league, she would be happy with that. Most people her age just want to crawl in a corner and die. They have no friends and with my dad passed I thought she would be like just let me die. Nope just worried about getting back to bowling. God Bless her.

QOTD: After surgery I get the Vegie. I always love when they have roasted brussels sprouts with bacon but a good green bean works as well for me. However, pre-surgery it was French Fried with good, melted butter and salt. (Hence the WLS)

Accountability: I had 2 mini peanutbutter cups and a bag of PB & J bites

TSS: 6 years 2-months 23-days 162.2 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF coffee mate chocolate caramel creamer

MS: Premier Protein Cafe Latte, berries.

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: Stuffed chicken breast and brussels sprouts and snack select.

D: fish tacos. I don't want to throw them away so I'll heat and eat the inners.

Exercise: dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

Most Active
Recent Topics