HCG diet after RouxNY???

laughinggirl
on 9/1/13 3:24 am - CA

I did the HCG protocol several years ago and it did work beautifully to help me lose weight...however I did regain the weight in a season of stress when I went back to fast foods and way too much volume of all the wrong stuff.  Several months ago I had Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy surgery.   I am losing weight (slower than others due to back trouble) but I have had the thought that adding a round or two of HCG would help with the loose skin aspect of WLS.  MY QUESTION:  how do those people who have had WLS do proper loading days?  My new little tummy seems to handle all foods ok at this point but I cannot eat much volume.  If I load on fatty foods does it matter if I don't eat much at a sitting?  Thanks for the info.

Betsy C.
on 9/8/13 10:01 pm - Efland, NC
Dear aughinggirl - I had RNY in 2003 and after losing 120 lbs, had gradually regained about 60 lbs. I went on HCG drops in April 2011 and lost the 60 lbs. Fast forward 2 years and I've regained 10 so I've just started another short round (21 days) on the drops to lose that 10 lbs. Having done it before, I know I will be successful. It has truly been the only thing that worked for me post-gastric bypass. As far as the loading, I ate as often as I could, and added fish oil capsules every time I ate. I tried to concentrate on high fat, but not necessarily sugar/carbs.

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

Betsy C.
on 4/4/12 12:44 am - Efland, NC
I haven't posted in a while, but I wanted to post an update: I have now lost ALL my regained weight -- 60 lbs! Hcg is a game-changer as far as I'm concerned. I have also become a distributor of HCG so if you're interested in information, contact me at betsy at crittendens dot com. You will not be disappointed!

Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

laughinggirl
on 9/1/13 3:24 am - CA

How did you do the loading days after WLS?

gpsings
on 4/4/12 8:19 pm - GA
I wanted to come back and update this. I did 2 rounds of HCG and lost 50 pounds. I am now a size 6 and have been since last July which is almost a year. Yeah, it works!
Theresa K.
on 4/19/12 8:00 am - MO
I have started reviewing this. I have been skeptical about it since I have was scared it was going to hurt my stomach because of the gastric bypass, but I am so glad I have seen so many people on here that have posted their great news on how it worked for them. I noticed that GNC has an HCG Platinum Plus, I am thinking about stopping there after work today and getting some to start. I am heading to Cancun in 3 weeks and have been struggling since January to lose this weight with nothing but a lb lost one week, then regained the next.

After my surgery in 2005, I lost 130 lbs, in the past 2 years, I have gained 40 of that back. I will happy with just losing 15 to 20 lbs of it, and I am all for the dieting part. I have done the 5 day pouch test 3 times since the beginning of the year, and can lose the weight through that and exercise, but then gain it right back. Hopefully this will help me kick it and get back to eating healthy and continuing to work towards my goal of running a 5k race in June.
gpsings
on 4/21/12 1:10 am - GA
The one at GNC I have heard some bad things about. Also...expensive! I would suggest (link broken in case it's against the rules)  this one: http://gfchealthproducts. com/

It's usually cheaper. I like the red label ones (extra B-12)
but they definitely work from everyone I know who's used them. GL to you!
BTW, I have kept the weight off. It's not  a gimmick. It's been almost a year.
Most Active
Recent Topics