Guess I qualify...

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/05 12:03 pm - Yakima, WA
Yeah, and I don't know about you, but I don't always feel comfortable asking long term questions on the main because the newer postops "try" to help, but until you've been here, you just don't "KNOW". Ya know?
dcox94
on 7/29/05 1:12 pm - North Wilmington, DE
I know what you mean. I am glad you have been around longer than I have on the boards...You have done a lot of homework! Good stuff too! I think this board will be good place to bring up the problems I have.... Should I start by saying I miss the first three months when I could not eat anything or wanted to eat....Now with the hunger back and I can eat norm size meals I want the 2 oz meal back! I know you can't live off of that forever but it was manageable then. I don't feel like I am managing the eating thing well. Do you still keep a journal? Debbie
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/05 1:30 pm - Yakima, WA
I've never really kept a 'journal' of my daily eating. I have a good idea of what I eat daily - since it doesn't change much - except my 4th (evening) feeding. I've posted this before on the main, but in case you've missed it, I'll post it again....just for you *wink*. ok...3 years postop - if I choose 2 eggs, fried over medium (solid white, runny yolk) and 3 potatoes (medium, red) shredded into hash browns and fried - and then chop the soft egg up into the potatoes after they are cooked. Packed down - that's about 2 and 1/2 cups of solid food. Now here's the ticket - I can eat it ALL - it chews down to nothing and the potato helps slide the dense eggs on through. Now if I take 3 eggs and add a 1/3 cup of cheese (make an omelet) - I usually can't fini**** all - most, but not the last couple bites. If it is steak or chicken and steamed veggies I can eat about 3 or 4 ounces of meat and about 3/4 cup veggies. If I eat just cheese? 4 ounces usually leaves me comfortable - not stuffed, but comfy. And if I eat 3 times a day - I make worse choices AND eat more over-all than if I eat 6 smaller meals. Also the faster I eat, the faster I get comfortably full. I don't dally over my meals. I chew well, but I finish - I don't have dinner 'conversation' or put my fork down and wait 5 minutes between bites. I don't shovel the food in, but I eat until I'm done. The ticket for ME is: (1) density of the food (2) how it's prepared (3) how often I eat (4) how slowly/fast I eat. Have no idea if this is helpful......hugs, Toots
Most Active
Recent Topics