No one said it would be a bed of Roses

joehager
on 11/22/08 2:07 pm - Andover, MN
OK so no one said this journey would be a bed of roses. Here I am almost 5 years out. The rocks are really in the road.  I was so happy for about 2 1/2 years At first I lost over 100 pbs was getting real small. I gve up a lot. Smoking, no beer, no 6 peanut butter jam samwiches. no red meat. I also was doing 1 mile a day. Now I only do a mile about 3 times a week. I have gained a lot of my wt back. I still do not smoke, eat red meat or pb and jam sws. I really fell down most days now. I really am haveing issues with my smoach but my pa just puts it off as gas reflux. Has not done any test. I wish I knew more about x revision

I know they said this would be no bed of roses but some days I just cry. And here I am almost 60 year old man. [email protected] since I don't log on this site often
tyx3mom
on 2/6/09 2:58 am
Joe, im sorry your having such a hard time.  Get back to the exercise if you can.  I think its the key.  Maybe a friend could walk with you.  Good luck.   michelle

I have lost 115#'s.  I had my surgery on January 20, 2004.

Nancy
on 3/15/09 11:14 pm - Kasson, MN
You still have the tool.  You know what you got to do.  Get back to walking and doing what you did before.  Try getting some of them acid reflux pills from the drug store.  Like prilosec or cheaper brand. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
10.5 years out
tyx3mom · 2 replies · 680 views
How is everyone doing?
Nancy · 0 replies · 798 views
Support for 10yr Post-Op
susan1713 · 0 replies · 752 views
Scared of a colonoscopy!
terrylynn · 0 replies · 782 views