I FINALLY have a date

Francine D.
on 11/6/03 9:13 am - Manassas, VA
My first appointment to the Dr.s office was Aug 8, 2003. I was so nervous, I haven't wanted any thing so much in all my life. I was so afraid that this wasn't ever going to happen. But on my Aug 8th appointment I left with a good feeling that the ball has now started to roll. Dr. Anez told me if I didn't hear from the office in 2 weeks to give a call back. I didn't hear anything. So I called the office and was told (Tina) they hadn't heard anything yet, and it wouldn't do me any good to call insurance co. because they wouldn't tell me anything. And so I wait. 9/12/03 I finally took it upon myself to call the insurance co. only to find out that they haven't recieved anything from the Dr.s office gave me a fax number to send the paper work to. I called the Dr.s office and was told (Tina) that the paperwork was sent on 8/20/03. She took the fax number and resent the paperwork on 9/12/03. 9/22/03 Still no word from Dr. office so I called insurance co. and was told they received letter of notification on 9/18/03. And that the letter was onfile. Also that it wouldn't be onfile if it wasn't approved. Insurance co. mentiioned the letter stated my surgery date was 1/22/04. Nothing has been mentioned to me by the Dr.s office. 9/23/03 Called Dr. office spoke w/ Tina and she said they haven't heard from insurance co. She will call them to find out whats up and call me back. And that I couldn't be put on the schedule until insurance has accepted, and let the Dr.s office know its covered. She never called me back. 9/24/03 Today I received letter from insurance co. stating coverage is available. I immeditaly called the Dr.s office to see if they had heard anything from the insurance co. if Tina had called them like she said, (no she hadn't called) asked if they received a copy of the same letter. Tina informed me that she hadn't. Looks like the insurance co. sent the letter to the hospital, along with myself but not to the Dr.s office. So I immeditaly faxed copy of letter to Tina. She than informed me she would schedule me for a surgery date and get back to me. 9/26/03 Haven't heard back from Dr. office, so I called talked with Tina and she finally gave me my surgery date. 01/22/03. HURRAY!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
10.5 years out
tyx3mom · 2 replies · 687 views
How is everyone doing?
Nancy · 0 replies · 805 views
Support for 10yr Post-Op
susan1713 · 0 replies · 758 views
Scared of a colonoscopy!
terrylynn · 0 replies · 791 views