Century mark FINALLY!!

Bizzymomma
on 10/6/04 1:50 am - East Providence, RI
October 6th,2004 I know it's been a long time since last update but I been going thru a battle of my own.Mentally I have tortured myself about fear of overeating.Physically I am losing and finally showing the proof.Clothing is loose on me.I am like in between sizes any way I look at it. The belly stops me from getting into the correct size pants.So my legs look bigger than they are.The weight that is noticeably visable gone is from my legs and shoulders and backside. The hardest fight to lose is the abdomen area.I asked Dr.Roye yesterday what I can do.He says other then plastic surgery its hard to get rid of the stored fat cells I have had for over 20 some odd years.I now hit my century mark finally.I have lost 101 lbs in 9 months.I feel its a slow process but all worth it.I have daily fears of eating too much and torture myself everytime I go in the kitchen to snack.I have the demons I had before still.They get worse when Im depressed.Its so hard not to eat the things you really loved before.My downfall used to be bread.I haven't ate any bread since surgery.I do have a problem keeping away from coffee.I love my Dunkin' Donuts coffee.But I drink tons more water or cystal lite afterwards too battle the dehydration. I walk on my treadmill about twice a day.I walk 2-4 miles depending on the body.The body feels good somedays and not so good on others. I can't get over the way I feel nowadays.It's not a struggle to walk from one room to another,or getting off a couch or chair.Bending over is much easier.The one thing I was so in fear of before the surgery was being incapacitated and not wash myself or wipe my own rearend or fall in the bathroom or anywhere for that fact. Now its so easy to just walk around my house.I want to do things I dreaded before.Simple things you wouldn't think of.Well til next time.....Write to me if you feel the same way I do so I know I'm not the only one...lol !!
psb007
on 10/6/04 2:13 am - Carrollton, OH
Congratulations!!! I have been stuck on 99 pounds for almost 2 weeks now. Sunday (10/10) is my 9 month mark. I was really hoping to make 100 by then, but it doesn't look so good for me right now. I went to my PCP on Monday and she says she really doesn't think I need to loose any more. My original goal said I needed to loose 2 more pounds. Who knows? Like you, I find that most EVERYTHING I do is a whole lot easier minus almost 100 pounds. Unfortunately, the depression did not leave with the weight loss. I still struggle with it daily, but it is very managable now. I am very careful to never miss my meds. Take care, you are not alone. You SHOULD be very proud of yourself.
Christina L.
on 10/6/04 10:22 pm - Lansing, MI
Congrats!!! That is so cool. Keep up the good work. Christina
JeannieGoodmon
on 10/7/04 1:30 pm - MODESTO, CA
Hi Connie, You are doing great, I wish I was at the Century mark, I have only lost 75lbs since my wls. Jeannie
tyx3mom
on 10/7/04 3:08 pm
congrats connie. Im very proud of you (o.k. a little jealous). Im at -98. I cant wait to join your club. michelle
kelli72
on 10/10/04 7:54 am - ma
WTG CONNIE!!!!!!!!!!
Bizzymomma
on 4/23/08 1:38 pm - East Providence, RI
I wasn't trying to lose the weight in the past year because it was too fast.Over another 100 lbs off due to family issues,marital issues and a whole lot of growing up and learning wisdom. Never too old to learn....I wanna keep on learning. The kid in me has just barely come out the shell. Now Connie has to. Fighting detours that are thrown at me. There's a kid in all of us til we pass on....fface it..!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
10.5 years out
tyx3mom · 2 replies · 690 views
How is everyone doing?
Nancy · 0 replies · 807 views
Support for 10yr Post-Op
susan1713 · 0 replies · 762 views
Scared of a colonoscopy!
terrylynn · 0 replies · 793 views