How are all the new Post-Ops doing

talula216
on 1/19/12 9:46 pm - RI
RNY on 01/16/12
I had my surgery on the 16th today is the 20th so I am 4 days post op.  So far so good I have had no problems holding food down.  I am eating waiting drinking waiting.    This morning I did eat a little to fast and my new stomach let me know.  It hurt a bit.

its been very cold and snowing the last couple of days so walking around my house as much as I can.  The weather was so nice before my surgery I thought I might be able to walk outside but cant.
by Saturday I am going to try to get to the mall and do some walking

Cant wait to hear from the rest of you.

Talula
Starting weight 369

darly50
on 1/19/12 10:33 pm
 I had my surgery on the 1/13/12 and I am doing ok and it's the same weather conditions here so I am not going outside either!!!   I had the sleeve and I know what you mean be gulping food , you throat and chest let you know it's too much OUCH!! Glad your doing well and keep in touch 

IrishIze
on 1/19/12 11:51 pm - NJ
What are you eating?  Are you on solid food yet?   My doc will have me on fluids; protein shakes, cream soups, broths, etc. for the first week, and if I'm doing well, I will move onto purees the next.   He said by the fourth week I'll be on regular foods.  Glad about that...my first surgery I was on clear fluids for three weeks!!
Irish......  

talula216
on 1/20/12 2:59 am - RI
RNY on 01/16/12
I am eating apple sauce, canned fruit, cream soups, tuna all pureed  We can use baby food if we choose.  I only use the baby food prunes to help with constipation..  Protein shakes and water.
I eat 1oz wait 30 minutes then have 4 oz of protein over 1 hour then wait 30 minutes and repeat till about 7pm then a drink water all night long. So far so good.  Eat week I do the same and increase food by 1oz and drink by 2oz  By week 5 I go to solids  I have to meet with my nut to go over the transition to solids, 

Talula
Starting weight 369

tlnsase
on 1/22/12 9:05 am - Ontario, CA
 I'm bummed.....I am hungry!!! I am on clear liquids and it is not cuttin it. uggg....thought that i would lose the desire to eat.....UH HELLO.....doesn't help that my family is eatting pizza and cheezie bread....my family sucks....
HedgeCat
on 1/30/12 9:02 am - LA
I had my surgery on the 24th and i seem to have the same problems. My husband decided to take the opportunity to grill and steak three or four times and assundry other tasty smelling things and I was bad and ate a little bit. Even if i chew it up alot it hurts but at first even water was hurting so i didnt think that much of it, but now I am trying to be more careful... Sorta. We tried adding protien to jello and It all boiled up like egg at the top. I couldnt face it but my hubby says it still tastes good, so maybe tomorrow i will try it a bit. I find that if soup hurts going down and you thin it up a bit with water its easier.

Oh yes I had the VSG and this is my first post here ... probably obvious the way i am rambling about everything.

IrishIze
on 1/30/12 10:08 am - NJ
Oh my - you ate steak??!?!?   Be careful, you could get really sick!  Better to suffer through the protein jello!! 
HedgeCat
on 1/30/12 10:28 am - LA
I know I'm bad, but i fully intend to reform soon...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hair loss
Deefls · 0 replies · 421 views
My 1yr Surgiversary!!
MsMook1979 · 0 replies · 436 views
Surgery January 23rd!!!
AppyGrl · 0 replies · 475 views
Surg Jan 9th I am -85lbs ALREADY!
duf85 · 3 replies · 577 views