Tomorrow is THE day.....

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/10 7:38 pm - Charlotte, NC
So...tomorrow is the day! I will going to the hospital at 6:30 in the morning and hopefully home by late afternoon on Saturday. I feel like I have been waiting soooooo long for this day to finally come...now that it is here...I just don't know what to do with myself. I keep running over my mental checklist and everything seems to be checked off! I think I am more nervous about the anesthesia than I am the actual surgery. I know everything will be fine...it is just the anticipation I suppose.... Thanks you all for your words of advice and encouragement over the months. I will let you know how things go when I get home....

I am ready to start my new life....I feel so blessed!
rich_in_nfpa
on 2/25/10 12:41 am - New Freedom, PA
I had my surgery on Tuesday and wasn't too apprehensive in advance. My anesthesiologist was great -- I had no fears at all. The nurses really liked him which is always a good sign. I got home Wednesday afternoon and was even able to go up and down the basement stairs that evening to do 2 small loads of laundry. I still need the pain meds but it was great to sleep in my own bed last night.

I'm excited to be starting the next chapter in my life. Like you, I feel blessed. There were a lot of twists and turns and obstacles in my journey to this point but I never felt at any point that this wasn't meant to happen. I am s-o-o-o-o-o ready to take my position on the losers bench!

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. (((((HUGS)))))

Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
jodiek
on 2/25/10 12:41 am
Hi. I just wanted to say good luck and don't worry. Most people only have muscular pain. You'll do fine. I had RNY on 1/11 and I'm doing great. Friend me and we can keep in touch!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Our 2 year - we rock!
Liz R. · 3 replies · 1441 views
One Year. No Regrets!
Sunshine704NC · 1 replies · 1421 views
TIme is flying...
jstatum_05 · 5 replies · 934 views
Wow time goes by fast...
DreamComeTrue07 · 2 replies · 893 views