Little worried, lots confused!

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/06 12:22 pm - Elizabethtown, KY
Afternoon, ya'll! Well, I have been reading replies to my "panni approved" posts and the more I read the more worried I get. I understand that the panni is the removal of the skin only but some people are saying "only" the skin below the belly button. This is where the confusion and worry is coming into play. Yes, I will be talking to my ps about all this but I can't see him until the approval letter gets faxed and they get me all set up. Ok, the "only" reason my panni got approved from my insurance co was the rash that stays inside my belly button caused by the skin above it rubbing on the skin under it. Also due to the small umbilical hernia I had. They made it plain as day that the hernia alone would not get me approved. What I am procrastinating about tonight is, wouldn't it be pointless to just remove the skin below the belly button when the belly button is the source of my problems and the reason I got approved in the first place? My insurance denied it at first. I had to go to my primary care dr once a month for 3 months to have him look at it, document it, give me meds. Then I resubmitted it almost 2 weeks ago. It barely took them a week this time to approve and I am grateful for whatever they pay for. I just don't see why they'd approve a procedure that will not take care of the problem. Any thoughts u can give me before I get to see my ps would be appreciated!! Hugs Angela
Julio Ramirez
on 8/17/06 5:53 am - Guilford, CT
Hi Angela, I was approved for a "panni" as well and when I went to the PS They suggested I kick in the rest for a full tummy tuck. That would include the stomach muscles getting tightened and a bit of lipo. Figured if I was going this far might as well go the whole route. May want to see if your PS will consider the same thing. Good Luck! Julio
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 460 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 545 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 638 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 558 views