Quiet

Jadebox
on 10/20/06 11:28 pm
Well it has been around 19 months since we had surgery. How are you all doing now? I am still 30 or 40 pounds from goal and have not lost any in 4 months or so. At least I am maintaining. Have been having major head hunger and feel I can eat way too much now. Scary. Have any of you started to gain back weight? Let's hear a roll call and tell how you are doing.
B. Baker
on 10/22/06 6:17 am - Lawrenceville, GA
I haven't gained but I haven't lost a significant amount either. I do eat small portions of just about anything and find if I am out of control obsessing about food I go to bed and read. Sometimes I am just bored so I read and drink water to get full. I stopped keeping anything but peanuts and soy chips and protein bars at work, sometimes I buy something I KNOW I shouldn't have and give it away or even throw it away. I go to Goodwill to try out new clothes styles, my uniform for years was black pants, plain top, sneakers so Goodwill is a cheap indulgence. My hair is totally different and my skin is saggy but today I sat on a gym floor cross legged and smiled inside, Barb
Lisa4kds
on 10/22/06 11:23 am - Raleigh, NC
I know what you mean--a few weeks back I had hernia repair---and all of a sudden put on 9 lbs for no reason---I had already lost the 7 I put on from the hospital--then wham--every day I got on the scale--it went up--I became depressed and panicked a bit--so I got real serious for about 2 1/2 days-and modified the plateau buster diet--and back off it came---and now--I dropped back down to my low--I was wondering what my body is doing--maybe its that 18-19 mth way of saying I am home---! I am really about at goal and since I will be having a LBL in December my doc said not to lose anymore until then--but I don't think thats an issue--really seems like things have levelled off! I hate that it gotten so quiet around here--I read the plastic surgery forum quite a bit and dream of the beautiful body i never had! Lol! We all still need to be there for each other --thats for sure! Take care! Lisa 3/15/05 338.5/157/?
Sandy W.
on 10/23/06 1:31 am - Manassas, VA
I think I am going thru the same thing. I am about 25 pounds away from goal but haven't lost anything in about 4 months. I too eat small portions but feel I'm heading back to that eating the wrong thing ways that I did prior to surgery. I have been contemplating going on the plateau buster to try and jump start my metabolism as well as getting back on track. I've been laxed in taking my vitamins and rain out of protein. Just got a new supply of protein in and began today taking my vitamins and proteins again. I really want to maintain but need to get motivated again to do so. Hopefully posting on here and getting your support will help me do that. Sandy 357/190/165
Jadebox
on 10/23/06 1:48 am
I too think I need support now more then ever. I got on the scales this morning and found that I am back to the lowest weight I have been so far. I weighed 186.5 just after I got out of the hospital after having gallbladder removed, ovarian cyst removed and problem from adhesions repaired. At one time after that I went to 191. Now I am back at 186.5. I will be so excited if I even drop a pound in the next week. Off to fix a protein shake. I need to order more. I like Unjury blended with ice and a little skim milk. Sometimes I mix in some fruit.
B. Baker
on 10/23/06 4:33 am - Lawrenceville, GA
I hate shakes now! They give me gas and other problems, even with Lactaid milk. They just make me gag so now I do a protein bar or just meat and I started drinking Slim Soy milk. Glad to hear you are back on the low side, Barb
Karen B.
on 10/23/06 6:08 am - Chino, CA
So far so good! I am about 15 lbs from goal and am holding steady. I stopped losing the weight about 3 months ago but my body is getting smaller. Major, major head hunger is going on but I try to keep the food itself at bay. I, too, feel like I am eating way too much. I still work out with a personal trainer at least 2 days a week and work out another 3-4 times a week by myself. The excess skin is staring to get on my nerves!! But I will soon have that taken off as well. According to the PS that will take at least 10 more lbs off the "old bod'". Can't wait for that!!! Much luck, love and prayers to all!!! Always, Karen B
TYSHEA PERKINS
on 10/24/06 6:08 pm - Sicklerville, NJ
I have been great...weightloss has been great...I have dropped a total of 160lbs. My insurance approved me for my TT and I had that done August 15th 2006....so I am looovvvving my new flat belly. I have begun to eat a lot more now that scares me a whole lot..becuase I have never ever dumped on anything I basically can still eat the same things that I ate before I had surgey. I do try my best to control and minimize what I eat. I havent gotten back in to exercise since I had my TT which I Know I should, but I have just re-committed myself starting tommorrow or should I say today that I will be exercises at least 3-4 x a week. I wish everyone continued success in your journey and Remember your journey is what you make it and only you can make you happy. Tyshea Da Purplist 315/175/162/150 Pre-OP/Current/Lowest/Goal TT Anchor Cut 8/15/06
Jadebox
on 10/25/06 6:55 am
Margie M Don't be hard on yourself. Afterall you have lost the 25 pounds you gained. Keep up the good work. We don't want to be what we were before. Today is a new day--let's get back on the wagon!!!! I need support too.
Margie M.
on 10/25/06 6:36 am - Far West Texas, TX
Hi, I have dropped off the wagon! I gained 25 pounds at the beginning of this year. All due to stress and my Mother in law dying of lung cancer. I went back to the old comfort foods. After the funeral and depression I started to cut the carbs and now have lost those 25. Took forever! I now weigh 207.5 the lowest I got was 189. I am struggling to get back there. I am thinking of doing the plateau buster diet since I have been on this for over 6 months. Have not been consistent with exercise, I am doing better getting back on the exercise and now measuring what I eat. So go ahead and let me have it! I am mad at myself, and have the stinking thinking. I know the pouch is not at fault it is all MY fault. So no delusions there. I need to get support here since I am embarrassed to go to the local support group and show myself a failure!
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 460 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 545 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 638 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 558 views