EATING MORE FEELING ANXOUS

cher22
on 11/12/06 9:41 am - Oak Park, IL
I have maintaind 133 for a while now . But now i am feeling so anxouis and out of control!! I am eating around 6to8oz at time but very offten!! I am eating bread now BIG NO NO!! I know. I have gone back to the health club so i guess that is a good thing. Anyone feeling a little out of control now that its been over ONE YEAR AND HALF? Thanks for your time guys. goooo marcherssssssssss cher 248/133?136
Lisa4kds
on 11/12/06 10:27 am - Raleigh, NC
Oh yes--but don't be alarmed---what you are eating is normal--or a more normal amount---which is exactly the goal of this whole process! I feel more resigned everday that I am becoming normal--wow--its amazing--and while you might feel quilty for eating that bread-or maybe a small piece of candy--but heck--before bypass I could eat a whole loaf--or a bag of candy! I still hold myself accountable to the scale--just as we all should! You have done great! Lisa 338.5/156.5/?
cher22
on 11/13/06 9:49 am - Oak Park, IL
AWWWW LISA THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT! I do still feel very impowerd by having gastric bypass! Thank you again. CHER
Sandy W.
on 11/12/06 11:59 pm - Manassas, VA
I too feel the same way. I'm eating things I know I shouldn't have but things that are "normal" for others. I've maintained my weight but still want to loose 25 more pounds. I started back at the gym and am religious again about my proteins and vitamins. The longer we go, the more normal we become. What we need to worry about is becoming abnormal again - we don't want to be in the places we were before. Be strong.....be healthly. Sandy 357/190/165
Jadebox
on 11/13/06 9:21 pm
I am maintaining too and want to lose 30 more pounds. I feel great and look pretty good for my age--64 tomorrow--so this weight is OK. I get scared when I realize how much I can eat but it is still much less then what I see my friends eat. I need to get REALLY serious and lose some before my next doctors appointment.
jannywanny
on 11/14/06 9:26 pm - oakdale, CA
Good morning...I know the feeling of being anxious and eating alot these days, I am 20 months out and I have put back on 6 pounds and I am really feeling bad I never got down to my goal weight of 140 pds. I got down to 145 pds. today I weigh 151 pds, so I really need to get with it, and get off the breads.. I have discovered sugar but in small portions but even that is a trigger food, I am back to my support meetings and I am trying to lose the 6 pds before the holidays Best of luck to you Janice 320 pds. 2004 240 2005 151 2006
swirlpms
on 11/15/06 4:28 am - Wilmington, DE
I thought I was the only one. I guess it is normal now I know you are like that too. I started getting nervous thinking I was gone gain the weight back. but I guess I have nthing to worry about thanx 4 ur post
Kat C
on 11/25/06 8:42 am - Tuscaloosa, AL
Hi Cher, First of all congrats - you have done an amazing job! I am noticing that I can eat more food these days for sure, and it does make me anxious. Personally, I am still about 25 lbs from my goal of 170 (started at 351), and really want to get there! So I have made a real effort to keep my meal sizes to about 4oz. even though "technically" my meal size could be larger at this point. I still use protein shakes 1 or 2/day depending on what I've eaten, to keep my total protein up at 80g/day. I have to eat five smaller meals per day because I have developed reactive hypoglycemia recently. I also started dumping recently, which was kind of a surprise! I think it has more to do with the larger quantity of whatever I ate than any changes in me. So I don't do that anymore - back to the 3 bite rule on dessert for me! The thing is, I get so aggravated with myself because sometimes I eat too many carbs. Try to keep to under 50/day, but some days, I cannot choke down the protein, while I feel like I could eat something carby until the cows come home! Meat? Ugh. Potatoes? No problem! I still eat the meat first, then just a couple of bites of potato, but then I am tempted to overeat the potatoes because I feel like my capacity for them is bottomless. I *know* better, and very very rarely actually overindulge, but man, sometimes it takes some work. Congrats also on getting back to the gym! I didn't really commit to a jacked-up exercise program until about 15 months out (I walked all along, but didn't challenge myself physically much at all) and once I did, my weight loss stalled for over two months! I thought I was THROUGH and I wasn't yet under 200 at the time. That was scary, given how far out I am, I thought maybe my ride is OVER. But I have redoubled my efforts in the gym and sticking to my food & water & vitamin plans, and lo and behold, the weight continues to come off. Slowly, but it's coming. I still have some months with 10 lbs loss, even this far out. Sorry this was so long - just my rambly way of saying "I have the same feeling" and it's no fun. But it does pass, and as long as I don't let it determine what I actuallY DO in terms of compliance, things seem to still be working for me. I wish you all the best!! Kathy
cher22
on 11/25/06 11:32 am - Oak Park, IL
FIRST OFF OMG YOU HAVE COME SUCH A LONG WAY!! WOW YOU LOOK GREAT!! Keep up the good work! Kathy thank you for saying you can relate to what im going threw. I sometimes think that im alone in this. I am so scared of failing myself. I have seen my mom out eat her gastric bypass. My Mother had WLS about 5years ago and she went from over 300lbs down to 180lbs she had her tummy tuck and now she has streched her tummy (not all the way back to regular) and eats ALL the wrong things! One day about my 8month post op I went out to eat with my Mother and she had a plate full of food and i mean a plate full SHE LOOKS OVER TO ME AND SAYS "DONT WORRY HUNNY YOU WILL BE EATING THIS MUCH AGAIN ONE DAY " !! OMG I CAN NOT GET THAT OUT OF MY HEAD (My Mother is very negative) So i feel so anxius about failing myself. I do stay aware of what i eat and how much but this eating over my 4oz is scary!! I think i am going to do as you do mesure out my 4oz and thats it. I do have a special plate that i do use at home I call it my sunshine plate (its bright yellow!) i put a little of this and that on when its time to eat. I do find shopping comforting when i do want to eat. My new thing is that i get up eat protien bread and peanutbutter and a little cold coffee then out of the house i go and i dont look back. Im out running around from thrift store (cheaper than regular high end stores LOL) to thrift store ! And all the time im running around Im not eating!! Oh i will go to the health club some days too. OH I to dump more now than i did before. I think it is do to being able to eating more. Kathy all i really want to say is thank you for sharing. You take care. I wish you all the best. Keep up the good work and self love. CHER
Kat C
on 11/25/06 1:22 pm - Tuscaloosa, AL
HeyCher - Just got a look at your pics at the bottom of your profile & finished reading - Wow look at you! You have already had some plastics - I will eventually get a tummy tuck and all sorts of stuff (really need a lower body lift, thigh lift, arms, breasts, and neck). But it scares me to DEATH. I'm working thru that. I am not going to resume the plastics consultation process until I'm more ready, in about a year. I hear you about your mom - I have both of my brothers had RNY several years ago and the one who started at 500+ is doign great maintaining at 240-250. But the other one who started at about 320 lost down to about 180 and is now back up to about 250. I am worried about him, but as his sis living hundreds of miles away, I have little influence on him. I have a hard time when I have visited him and he offers me full sugar sodas to drink, though, and last time I said, "No thanks, my surgeon said I'm not supposed to drink those since my surgery, so I don't." I had kind of a snotty attitude when I said and my message got thru - and I felt awful. I mean if I have something to say i should just sya it not be passive aggressive like that, but I just do not have the nerve to confront him in the moment. I have quietly expressed my concern on the phone, but he insists he's happy with his weight, so who am I to get in his business? ANYWAY watch out with that shopping- I still kind of hate the crowds like now at the hoidays, but I have sure enjoyed trying on all the stuff I can now wear. WOohoo Take care & keep up your good work! Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 460 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 545 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 638 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 558 views