Got my date, can't believe how fast things are moving!

ntredmfn
on 1/28/05 3:49 am - Flower Mound, TX
I just had my initial consultation with my surgeon, Dr. John Alexander, on 1/13/05. They sent in the letter for approval to my insurance (United Healthcare PPO), I had my EGD, Stress and Psych eval done on 1/26 and was approved on 1/27/05 by insurance. Now I have my surgery date on 3/4/05. I can't believe how fast this train is moving. My biggest concern is how depressed I am going to be when I can't eat afterword. I am at piece with the surgical risk and pain involved, but how am I going to watch a football game next year without throwing down a pizza or some buffalo wings? Could be a bout with depression in the near future. Hopefully the excitement about losing weight will overide it and I will be able to enjoy the benefits enough to not worry about not pigging out anymore. We'll see...!
sherron7195
on 1/29/05 12:09 am - Harrison TWP, MI
Dear Chris, I think everyone worries about being depressed after surgery. From what I have read you just need to become obsessed with other things like exercise and your family. Keep real busy!! That is going to be my goal anyway! I have a 9yr old daughter and believe this is my last resort I figure if I am going through all this trouble I better forget about food and obsess on other things after. This may be the only shot I get to start fresh. Good luck to you and we will be rooting for you! If you feel the urger to splurge just write a note and someone on hear will give you their advise!!
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/05 5:34 am - Elizabethtown, KY
Congrats on your surgery date and good luck.... Hugs Angela
Teresa R.
on 2/2/05 8:36 am - jackson, WY
Congrats!! I also had my consultation on 1/28/05 and my surgery date is set for 3/3.
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 460 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 547 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 639 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 559 views