LET THE MARCH MADNESS BEGIN!!!!

P.A. P.
on 2/4/05 3:39 am - South Monterey County, CA
HI All :hello: well this will be and interesting journey for the next month 1/2 for me!!! just wanted to say hi to everybody and will be talking to ya soon!!! we are in this together lets help each other out !!! im starting to look at vitamins and protein mixes now to get my mind set in the right ways but kinda confused right now where to begin, any suggestions?? Also the food ?? not sure what to eat post op yet that makes good protien sense i hear alot of diff stuff to eat but again very mind boggling well i know with us helping each other we will all succeed take care will talk to ya all l8tr!!! God Bless Patrick
Sherry B.
on 2/7/05 1:05 am - Michigan City, IN
CONGRATS Patrick!! We all know how ya feel! I started by attending WLS patient education classes at the hospital where I'll be having the surgery. They were required by my surgeon, and offered a wealth of information on vitamins, protein supps, pre. & post-op diet menus. If they're not offered to you, maybe check and see if you have a support group in your area, you can get alot of ideas there. I also went to my local GNC and explained to them I was having WLS and they were quite helpful by pointing out the amount of sugars and proteins different products had and what other WLS patients had bought, and some protein drinks they had even tried themselves. I personally have tried the Atkins Advantage Low Carb Shake Mix, the chocolate isn't too bad but didn't care much for the strawberry. I've tried some of the Isopure and found I like the 0 carb, Alpine Punch the best. Really, you don't know what you'll like after having WLS. I've read so many posts where people can't stand some of their favorite things post-op. We just won't know til we're on the "Losing Side"!!! Again Congrats, and know we are all in this together!
P.A. P.
on 2/7/05 4:35 pm - South Monterey County, CA
Thank you sherry for your reply I know its going to be hit and miss on the losing side i cant wait to get there!! I do have a class b4 the surgery that talks about that stuff but its 1 day b4.......lol Thanks again keep a good spirit God Bless Patrick
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 460 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 547 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 639 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 559 views