helping each other and my introduction

Robin I.
on 6/25/03 12:52 am - Alexandria, VA
Hi all, I am Robin in Va and I had open ryn in Washington Dc on 4/8/03. I am 52, live with my hubby Ken and 4 small papillon dogs(more about them later) I started at 226 and now(11 weeks out) am at 181. My personal goal is between 140 and 130. I would not be too unhappy if I only made it to 150 but why not shoot for the moon? I am honestly not exercising yet but I did just buy a new hybrid bike( test rode about 6 kinds and brands, email me for my personal consumer reports. lol) I would like to swim but can't find a bathing suit that fits right yet! And I want to look into curves or a gym program in September. Also want to start agility with one of my dogs. I find I am staying away from anything "white", no pasta, no bread, nocookies or cake items. I also can't do meat yet, have lost my taste for it. I do 2 shakes a day, V8 or diet snapple for a treat beverage and lots of water. breakfast is either eggs and cheese or cottagecheese with blueberries or peaches. lunch is tuna, my own chicken salad, a small salad, or some cheese and a slice of deli turkey. dinner is chicken, fish or shrimp wih some vegie. evening snack is small scop of fat free frozen yogurt. I think thoug this has slowed my weight loss this week . I also do the ff sf ice pops from edy's. so, go read my profile, tell us about yourself, and how about naming ourselves the "April unfools' or just april fools.....what do you think? best wishes to you all, I like the fact we can read all the messages on this page! hugs, Robin In VA
Vivian B.
on 6/25/03 2:23 pm - Paulsboro, NJ
Hi Robin, I'm Vivian from NJ and I had my surgery on 4/7/03. I started out @ 321# and as of 6/25/03 I have lost 61.5#s and am at 259.5#. I am doing wll and find I have more energy than before. I am eating regular foods and find that I tolerate most of them well. I have found I have trouble with american cheese, though. I am also staying away from the pasta, breads, rice, and cake items. I eat the proteins, vegies and fresh fruits the most. I have been so happy strawberries have been in season here, but not for much longer. I have found the site to be very helpful and am glad to meet other people to share experiences with. At this time we do not have a local support group for people who have had the surgery, so the site helps fill the void. some of us in the area are pushing for a group and I am sure it will happen. Best of luck and contact me anytime you would like. Vivian
Gail from NoVa
on 7/7/03 2:32 am - Bealeton, VA
Hi Robin, I live in Virginia too and I had my surgery on 4/23. I'm interestedin your personal consumer reports on the exercise equipment. I have a treadmill, but find it boring to ride too often. I'm considering a gym just for the variety of equipment. I'd value your advice. Do you attend the Staple Club support group meetings in Fairfax? Gail
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Surgery Weight Gain
PA F. · 2 replies · 1108 views
StomaphyX
CFR · 0 replies · 842 views
Alcohol consumption
Bertha A. · 4 replies · 1040 views