2 days post-op and doing well!

LauraCLT
on 4/25/08 12:04 pm - Newbury Park, CA
Hi All, Just wanted to check in with you. My surgery was on the 23rd, and I'm doing well. Home now, and just trying to get fluids into my system. All I could do today was 9 oz of Carnation Instant Breakfast + 14 oz of water. The CIB was done in 1 oz shots, and it took me all day to get 9 of them in! Hope you're all okay! Laura
maryhoggard1_
on 4/26/08 5:52 am
I'm just curious as to which surgery you had and why you're having so much trouble keeping liquids down. Is it because your not hungry or are you nausous. Just wondering so I will know what to expect. I am having lapband done Wednesday. Mary
LauraCLT
on 4/26/08 7:11 am - Newbury Park, CA
It's not that I can't keep them down... it's that I can't get them down in the first place! The pouch is so small right after surgery that it only holds about 1-2 oz. So, I haven't been hungry, but I'm trying to get in my protein drinks 1-2 oz at a time. So far, so good! The way I understand it with the lapband is that you won't really notice a difference in your food intake right after surgery, but will after you have your first fill. Good luck! Laura
BeautyQueen
on 5/1/08 1:00 am
I'm having the lapband too. 5/5/08 Could you please tell me if you have followed the 2 week diet we had to do? I tried but still ate off and on. I feel like if I could literally do that then I would not need the surgery!
Most Active
Recent Topics
4 Years Post Op
nascar24n48 · 6 replies · 1011 views
2 yrs ago today
Mary C. · 0 replies · 737 views
2 yr surgiversary!
Mary C. · 1 replies · 945 views