Cream of Wheat + Instant Breakfast = Craving Buster

nascar24n48
on 4/26/08 1:21 pm
Cream of Wheat + Instant Breakfast = Craving Buster Ok, so I am a week and a half post op RNY on soft food, tired of scrabled eggs, refried beans and fish, and needing to increase my protein. Ready to add cream of wheat to my soft food list. Mixed it with my Prostat 64 and it wasnt so tasty. Threw it in the trash. Got to thinking. Took an idea from my 8 year old son Brandon. He likes to mix cream of wheat with sugar free hot cocoa mix to make chocolate cream of wheat for his breakfast. Cream of Wheat (7 grams protein) is on my soft food list as is Carnation sugar free instant breakfast (5 grams of protein) mixed it with a touch of fat free milk to make it moist. Absolutely wonderful! I let it cool a bit and imagined it was chocolate ice cream. Talk about kicking the head hunger for chocolate and actually getting protein. Who would have thunk?
RDB
on 4/27/08 12:12 am
this is probably a stupid question, but what are you addidng to refried beans to thin out . i am in the full liquid phase for another week.
nascar24n48
on 4/29/08 9:18 am
Adding water to the bean to make them runny. I will be two week out tomorrow and have had no vomiting or "foaming"! Actually wondering IF I actually had surgery or if they just slit me a couple of times. I can even drink two swallow of water at a time with no problem. Going to ask the surgeon again how big my pouch is. He assures me its 2-3 ounces!
ErieShirl
on 4/27/08 12:20 am - Yorkville, IL
Wow, my rny was 4/14 and I can't have pureed foods until tomorrow. I'm still on full liquids. Shirlyn
yoli49
on 4/27/08 1:35 pm
wow i had lap band surg april 15th i'm still on full liquids myself.....i am getting hungry for a good taste of something beans sound sooooo good, i will be starting pureed food this week
Most Active
Recent Topics
4 Years Post Op
nascar24n48 · 6 replies · 1011 views
2 yrs ago today
Mary C. · 0 replies · 737 views
2 yr surgiversary!
Mary C. · 1 replies · 945 views