April 16th, I had my surgery

TammyBost
on 4/30/08 8:13 am - Seminole, OK
Hey all. I had a gastric sleeve on April 16th and from that date I have regretted this. I'm still on liquids and I'm told I will feel better once I get to eat solids again. I go back to the doctor on May 2. I just feel like I am grieving a lost friend and the lost friend is food. I didn't realize how much of my life revolved around food. If anyone else feels the same or has some advise please comment back. Thanks.
ErieShirl
on 4/30/08 11:58 pm - Yorkville, IL
Hi Tammy, I know exactly how you feel. I've been attending group therapy for bariatric patients once a week. That's not really helping yet, but it's good to know I'm not alone in missing my old friend, FOOD. Shirlyn
LauraCLT
on 5/1/08 1:41 am - Newbury Park, CA
Hi Tammy, I had my RNY on the 23rd, and for the first two days I kept thinking, "What have I done?!" But I slowly started realizing that food WILL come back, just in smaller quantities. I'm already embarrassed when I think of my On The Border feasts of the past! But I look forward to smaller feasts in the future. Hope you get to feeling better soon! Laura
LauraLea1
on 5/2/08 7:02 am
Hi Tammy - I feel the same way and although I don't wish this upon you, it helps knowing I'm not in the same boat. I had a RNY on April 16th and I've certainly had my moments of grieving as well!! I don't think I was prepared to go through this part quite so soon, I thought it might hit later, but I've been struggling the whole time. I feel as if it's hard to talk to anyone about this part, since after all this is something I elected to do..it was my choice to have this procedure. I have to keep reminding myself that there were valid health reasons that led me to this decision, but right now it's really hard. I'm still searching for some answers and hope that time will help us along this journey. Anyway, enough about that, just wanted you to know that you are not alone in your feelings. I'll be thinking of you.
nascar24n48
on 5/2/08 9:43 am
I had my RNY on April 16th. I also missed food a bit but I am now a size smaller in two weeks and that made me not miss my old food! Talk about motivation! Hang in there. I was able to start limited soft foods a week out (scrambled eggs, yogurt, cheese, apple sauce, mashed potatoes, grilled fish, tuna, refried beans). See my blog. Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
4 Years Post Op
nascar24n48 · 6 replies · 1011 views
2 yrs ago today
Mary C. · 0 replies · 737 views
2 yr surgiversary!
Mary C. · 1 replies · 945 views