3 months gone.....how are you doing??

boomsheeka01
on 7/5/10 11:28 pm - Killeen, TX

Hey fellow April WLSers!!!

Can you believe three months has passed (or almost passed)??? Its crazy how fast time is flying! I am feeling GREAT and I love my surgery! I have lost 70 pounds in 3 months!

How is everyone else doing??  I am so happy to have made such a great decision for myself!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

tmjuarez
on 7/6/10 2:43 am - Arlington, TX
Hey girl, I am doing awesome.. I am 8 wks out and I am down 35 pounds!! I am now pushing myself hard with the excerise.

kbowman2
on 7/6/10 3:17 am
It is crazy.  I can't believe how fast three months have gone.  That first month seemed really long but once everything settled down month two and three just poof, disappeared.  I feel great.  I am down a total of 57 pounds since surgery and 87 pounds total.  I feel so much better.  I haven't gone under 300 yet, but hope too real soon.  I've dropped two sizes, ready to drop another and it seems everyone is noticing the weight I've lost.  My face has completely changed.  I'm really very happy about my decision to do this.  I feel as if I've gained a new chance to live again.

Kim
Heaviest 397/ Before Surgery 367/ Lowest 170/ Current 185

mspiccolo
on 7/6/10 6:32 am - Camarillo, CA
Hi everyone!  I'm 10 weeks out and doing great!  These last 2 weeks my energy is back and I'm feeling like a normal person again.  I'm down 42lbs...I wi**** would be more by now but I'm happy with 42 so far.  I have started Zumba, walking & riding my bike so I'm starting to get out there and exercise.    I can finally say that I'm glad that I did the surgery.

michelly1030
on 7/6/10 12:18 pm - Turlock, CA
Hey I'm great! Good to hear from you! I am almost 3 months out, just short of 3 mos and down SIXTY TWO lbs!! I am now 196! YAYYAYAYAYAYA!
~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
Bigdaddyslim
on 7/6/10 9:57 pm - Lancaster, PA
Nearly 3 mos since my surgery and I feel great.  I am down over 80 pounds and have started running.  None of my old clothing fit, and some of my new clothes are getting loose.  Even bought some Nike workout clothes in a regular store (whoo hoo).  Getting enough protien is still a challange but really feeling great now and loving my new lifestyle. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/10 3:57 am
These past 3 months have really been a learning experience. Most of the lessons seem to be about what your body could tolerate and what you should not eat. I also learned that by simply walking I give my RNY a boost and loose weight faster. I walk early in the morning before it gets to hot.

It will be 3 months for me on July 12th. I am walking almost everyday for one hour and also using hand weights.

I have gone from a 3X to a size 14 and some size 16's. I have lost 58 pounds but more important is my waist and hips are down over 8 inches. I am barely over 5 feet tall and it seems like every 10 pounds puts me in a new size. I bought some clothes and was shocked to find out a misses size XL was too big and that I was a misses Large. Now the large is getting to big and I will need a medium very soon.

My feet were size 7 1/2 and now I can wear 6 and 6 1/2.

I can eat anything with chicken, can tolerate tuna but have to stay away from beans and beef of any kind. I don't have an appetite and I eat about 2 tablespoons per meal. I have to supplement with high protein condensed shakes. My doctor recommended the 1 or 2 tablespoon rule and I really don't mind the amount. I get stuck if I eat one bite over my limit and it hurts. I accidental drank 3 gulps of water after eating and I thought I was going to die. When I get the stuck sickness or dump I can't stand to wear my clothes. Many times I find myself on the bathroom floor praying for mercy. Believe me I now only take the smallest bite of a new food and see how it goes.

Best of all is my health. There is so much I can do now. Actually I should say I don't think there is anything I can't do.  The many aches and pains have disappeared and I have stamina.

I am not on OH very much. I am so busy enjoying my new body and keeping up with my nutrition, vitamins, water and exercise. My daughters are all grown but we love going to the many thrift stores in the Dayton area.
scrappingtwinmom
on 7/10/10 12:59 am
It'll be three months for me on the 26th (my birthday), I'm down just over 50 lbs and people are starting to notice, someone told me I was shrinking last night (yay).  I have gone from 22/24 to 16 and it's nice to need new clothes.  I've had some "stuck" issues which are awful but I seem to be getting better at avoiding that.  It's an adventure for sure.

Tami

CynthiaSD
on 7/14/10 11:51 am - Vista, CA
Hey Everyone!! I am 3 months post op too and down 65lbs. I love my tool

*Highest 300*/*Current 198*/*Goal 150*
4/6/2010 Lap RNY & Gallbladder removal
"When you believe in yourself more than you believe in food, you will stop using food as if it were your only chance at not falling apart."

Cindya19
on 7/15/10 5:22 am - West Bend, WI
It will be 3 months for me on 7/26 - I must be one of the slow users because I am only down 45 lbs since surgery.  Been at a stall for the last 3 weeks and driving me crazy.  Down 2 - 3 clothes sizes though and my diabetes and blood pressure meds have been significantly reduced.  I feel great and can excercise harder and longer.  SO glad I made the decision.  I should have my 3 month lab results soon as well. 

You are all doing great!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 877 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1206 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 983 views