2 weeks out..meal ideas?

Raven B.
on 5/22/09 6:24 am - Bridgeport, CT
What are you all eating or have eaten at 2 weeks out??

I always knew there was a skinny person hiding inside of me..

iamfarfaraway
on 5/22/09 7:05 am - Charlotte, NC

I have not had my surgery yet (it is Monday) but I know 2 weeks out I will be on All liquids and puree.  So anything that I can puree would be fine with my surgeon.  (they want puree 3 times a day 1/4 cup each meal) and then still have protein shakes to get in my protein needs) 

Hopefully you will get responses from post ops

40 lbs lost pre-op

Raven B.
on 5/22/09 7:49 am - Bridgeport, CT
Thanks Sandy, You are so helpful..~~

I always knew there was a skinny person hiding inside of me..

EOD WIFE
on 5/22/09 8:24 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
2 weeks out it is protein shakes, broth, cream soups, s/f jello, yogurt, s/f puddings, s/f popcicles, thinned down oatmeal, gritts or cream of wheat.

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

dnm0108
on 5/23/09 11:39 am
Hi everyone. I am 4 days Post Op and I am looking for some ideas on what were some good shakes to try and so on. If any of you have any thoughts please let me know. I a going crazy eating the same chicken broth every day.
Tiffany B.
on 5/24/09 1:34 pm
I really like the Lean Dessert shake mixes by BSN. The website is bsnonline.com. They have 6 YUMMY flavors...

Banana Cream Pudding
Chocolate Fudge Pudding
Banana Nut Bread
Fresh Cinnamon Roll
Whipped Vanilla Cream
Chocolate Coconut Candybar

They each have about 20g protein per scoop. I mix mine with ff milk and get another 8g from that.

You can order a sample pack from them. Mine had all the samples except Banana Nut Bread.

I really liked all the flavors!!

Hope this helps!
Tiffany
Sing like you know the words!

aphrael
on 5/23/09 9:19 am, edited 5/23/09 9:19 am
I'm a week and a half out and supposed to start "soft" food tomorrow.  So it will be my puraided foods and I can add things like white fish and imitation crab, I need to look in my binder and see what else is "soft" as apposed to purraided.  Right now I am eatting chili, some chicken, turkey, green beans sweet potato's, peaches, apple sauce and cottage cheese.
juluch
on 6/21/14 11:49 pm

Last night I baked refried beans with fresh herbs, delicious!  I also have baked salmon and puréed, great protein and delicious.

curecatlady
on 5/31/09 2:20 am - Somerville, MA
My NUT said turkey chili is quite popular at this stage.  I'm looking forward to yogurt, ff refried beans, feta cheese, tuna salad, ricotta bake, and fruit in my protein shakes.  I'd also like to add some pureed chicken added to chicken broth for a soup. 

One of my major problems since I was a teen has been breakfast.  I simply don't like eggs or most breakfast foods.  Post-surgery,  I've decided to keep a 24 gm. protein shake in my diet forever for my breakfast.  I'll add fruit to it so I can get a fruit serving as well.
Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1394 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1383 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1255 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1120 views