Last Meal

mlyssa971
on 6/18/11 3:33 am
Well, My surgery is Monday morning YAY so today my husband wanted chinese food and we were going to order him some take out and I was going to have a salad. at the store he decided since this will be my last meal for a while other than liquids that we should make it special so he is grilling us steak and salmon, zuchinni and squash for me and potatoes for him. So sweet of him to think of me. I kinda feel like an era is ending. Food has always been my stress releiver. Guess thats why I am ###lbs. I refuse to fail. I am going to eat right exercise and become a healther new prettier skinnier me! We also went to flea market this morning and got some cantaloupe. I know I can't have them but I made him a cantaloupe milkshake and he loved it.  I am taking one of the cantaloupe to my grandson. He will love it. We also bought some vine ripe fresh from the field tomatoes. YUM I am going to slice one with my dinner. Nervous about the full liquid diet tomorrow coz I know I will be hungry but come Monday I am putting it all behind me. I am not crazy about the g-tube or having a tube down my nose till tuesday morning. that has me worried but other than that I am ready to go! Till next time (((HUGS)))

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 6/18/11 4:45 am
I never has a tube down my nose unless they put it in during surgery and took it off before I woke up in recovery.  I had a drainage tube for a week but it was no big deal.

Winnie

mlyssa971
on 6/18/11 6:18 am
They told me that the tube would be down my nose until Tuesday morning unless I just could not tolerate it. The g-tube will be in until july 5th when I go for my follow up apt.
Tammy G.
on 6/19/11 8:36 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
 Wow, I had all tubes removed before I left the hospital.  No nose tube, even in ICU.  The urine catheter irritated my bladder and the IV was uncomfortable, but other than that, not much discomfort.  You'll do fine, I'm sure.  The worst part was no water until after the barium swallow.  I never knew a person could get mouth boogers.
Most Active