24 Hours Post-Op and feeling wonderful!

alisluv
on 6/24/13 8:34 pm - Carolina Beach, NC

This time yesterday I was just getting ready to go "under the knife" -  and things couldn't have gone better. I just wanted to throw in my experience to hopefully encourage someone else who is close to surgery!

From the pre-op routine to recovery and "real room', I've had nothing but great moments. Up and walking a few hours after surgery; rinse/repeat kind of thing most of the night. I have NOT been allowed to have anything to drink yet - not even an ice cube. That's my only real complaint -- really dry mouth/throat. I have the little sponge on a stick thing to dip into water, but I know I'm not supposed to "drink" off it 

They will be coming in about 30 minutes to take me for the swallow study. I know the stuff is supposed to taste nasty, but i hope it's not too much, and I can begin to sip water when I come back. Praying they find no leaks. My surgeon said it all went well (well that's what he told my Mom and girlfriend yesterday - I've yet to see him  since before surgery).  I'm scheduled to leave sometime this afternoon (2-3 pm) and will look forward to  not being poked & prodded every few minutes!

Thanks to all who said encouraging things, lifted up prayers, and held me in the light. This message board really was a lifesaver when I was struggling w/the decision between lapBAnd and RNY, and so far I have not regretted my choice. THen reading all the answers to questions about diet, exercise, pre-op concerns, etc., made me feel totally informed about what to expect, and I find that most of what was shared with me by others, was also my case!

Best of luck to any and all having upcoming surgeries - you can DO it! Trust, be informed, and relax.  I will keep you in my prayers.

Most Active
Recent Topics
MVP
Anne64 · 0 replies · 465 views
my surgery date is June 20 2013
DOUBLEW · 0 replies · 499 views