Friday Five - Weekly Update!

Amber B.
on 6/14/07 9:49 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
1. What types of food did you eat this week? 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? 4. What was your biggest challenge? 5. Have you picked up any new addictions/habits since having the surgery? Good or bad. *Fun bonus question: If someone were going to name a dessert after you, what type would it be and what would it be called??? Have a good weekend, All! A
Jandell
on 6/15/07 12:28 am - Glendora, CA
1. What types of food did you eat this week? Chili, chicken soup, fruit, salad, steak, half of a half an omelet (that made me sick). My first bites of cheese pizza and the crust, yogurt, a few bites from the inside of a burrito 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? Water aerobics, walking 3. How much weight did you lose? 2 pounds Total loss? 172 - I'm almost to the goal I've set for my one year surgiversary (175 pounds) - and I'm 3 pounds away from ONDERLAND! 4. What was your biggest challenge? Being hungry after water aerobics (the only time I truly hungry feeling), and finding something high in protein to munch. 5. Have you picked up any new addictions/habits since having the surgery? Good or bad. I have a major Starbucks addiction - Chai Tea Misto's. I also eat 99% better and healthier than I ever did before. We keep no junk food in the house, where before the cupboards were always full! *Fun bonus question: If someone were going to name a dessert after you, what type would it be and what would it be called??? Something blueberry or lemon and we'd call it "Light and Luscious"
Christina R.
on 6/16/07 7:02 am - Reston, VA
1. What types of food did you eat this week? Burritos, Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, LOTS OF FRUIT, almonds, salad, chai tea, cheese pizza (ick...not as good as it used to be!) 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? Walked a bit this week...nothing earth shattering, but more than normal 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? Total still between 135-140...on my cycle, so I'm retaining! 4. What was your biggest challenge? This week was pretty good....still need to get an exercise program going...thinking of joining a gym and getting a trainer to kick me into gear 5. Have you picked up any new addictions/habits since having the surgery? Good or bad. The habit of taking vitamins.....I never used to take anything pre-op...now I have a pretty good system down. I had a slight shopping problem around Christmas, but got it under control now....I've put my foot down with myself and WILL NOT USE the credit card, so that keeps me in control! *Fun bonus question: If someone were going to name a dessert after you, what type would it be and what would it be called??? It would be a chocolate something with some strawberry yumminess.....and called "Sweet and Sassy"
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/07 2:53 am - Sahuarita, AZ
1. What types of food did you eat this week? salads, turkey chili, grapes, blueberries, smoked salmon, western bagels, apples 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? walked, worked out at the gym, started a Pilates class 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? I'm up 2 pounds again. I keep going up and down the same 2 pounds . . . arggghhhh!!!!!! I may be experiencing a plateau . . . not sure yet. Total - 88 pounds 4. What was your biggest challenge? Exercise. I don't want to do it. 5. Have you picked up any new addictions/habits since having the surgery? Good or bad. I don't think so (knock on wood). *Fun bonus question: If someone were going to name a dessert after you, what type would it be and what would it be called??? White Chocolate zombie . . .
Amber B.
on 6/18/07 11:05 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
1. What types of food did you eat this week? The usual suspects, lots of cheese, cottage cheese, smoothies, coffee, corn, manwich with ground turkey, spaghetti with ground chicken, green beans, peanuts, etc. I tried a few new things. Mint Skinny Cows, Soy Chips, and Tropicana Fruit Juice Water. I actually liked all three. 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? walking, that's about it. 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? None, I think I gained. 4. What was your biggest challenge? Not eating crappy carbs. 5. Have you picked up any new addictions/habits since having the surgery? Good or bad. I've noticed I eat a lot more than before. It's a good thing for the most part, but I hate the feeling of hunger. I quit smoking a few years ago and I've had the inkling to do it again, but I won't. *Fun bonus question: If someone were going to name a dessert after you, what type would it be and what would it be called??? It would have to be some kind of low fat, no sugar added Chocolate Caramel Blondie if that is possible. I'd call it Guilty Pleasure.
Heather Kimmey
(Ward)

on 6/20/07 9:19 am - Harleysville, PA
So, It's almost time the next Friday, but I just discovered this board. 1. What types of food did you eat this week? Turkey burgers, protein shakes, steak, turkey roll-ups, cheese sticks, Soy Saucers 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? Just walking, I'm still recovering from plastics to remove 9 pounds of excess skin in my stomach. 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? 1 pound, total loss 154 pounds, I hit goal with that last pound. 4. What was your biggest challenge? To not snack 5. Have you picked up any new addictions/habits since having the surgery? Good or bad. Two additions, 1 bad - smoking again, 1 neutral - decaf coffee *Fun bonus question: If someone were going to name a dessert after you, what type would it be and what would it be called??? Something SF chocolate - Decadent Momma!! Thanks for letting me play. Heather
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 918 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1012 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1046 views