Normal or not

pryncess_becky
on 6/28/07 1:08 am - SOMEWHERE IN, IL
Good Morning... I am 11 months out and I would like to know if this is a normal weightloss... I had surgery 7/26/06 at 315 lbs 3 month visit Oct 31 - 258.4.....total loss of 56.6 lbs 6 month visit end of Feb - 246.2... total loss of 12.2 lbs in 4 month today I weighed in at 237.4 (keep losing and gaining same 5 lbs) Urgg!!! 8.8 lbs in 4 months... I just feel I am a very slow loser in 11 months I have only lost 77.6 lbs. I do exercise, I eat balanced meals, do anywhere from 75-100 grams of protein...What else can I do to get the lbs to come off...any advise? Thanks for you help.
Christina R.
on 6/28/07 1:17 am - Reston, VA
Becky- I'm not sure "normal" can be used for this journey! We all lose at different rates. Here are some thoughts I had reading your post: * What is your daily calorie intake? I know I slowed down when I wasn't eating enough calories. Our bodies can go into "starvation"mode and hang onto weight fairly easily, especially if you're exercising alot. * Are you getting your water/fluids in? They're what help carry away the fat...so important to stay hydrated! * Have you talked to your Dr/nutritionist? They're usually full of ideas on how to kick start things. Also, I stalled around 235 myself for awhile. Not sure if that's a magic number or not, but it was there for a month or better (losing and gaining the same few pounds). I finally started to lose again, but couldn't tell you what, if anything, I'm doing different. Be encouraged. This is not a race, it's a life-long journey. As long as you're doing the things you should be doing, your body will eventually cooperate...and if not, seek medical help (maybe another issue has popped up?!). Best to you, Christina S
Jandell
on 6/28/07 6:30 am - Glendora, CA
Like Christina said - Normal? What is normal? I guess since I started off at 374 pounds I would be expected to loose faster than some, but who would have ever thought I'd be down 175 pounds and into Onderland before my one year surgiversary date? Me wearing a size 12? WOW! Stalls are very normal as our bodies adjust, and I don't let them bother me in the least. I think if you're really worried you should look at what your eating through out the day. Start logging every little bite you take, you might be surprised. Have you become a nibbler? Do you eat more carbs than you should? It a jorney that will last us the rest of our lives. Jan
mrsk
on 6/29/07 11:48 am - somewhere in Wi, WI
Gotta agree no one's normal. I've stalled since March losing and gaining the same few pounds. My surgery was 7-25-06 and i've lost 125 pounds, the first 100 in six months. My surgeon said to get over a plateau start lifting weights, so it's off to the gym I go.
Jennifer K.
on 7/2/07 7:36 am - Phoenix , AZ
You would really have to ask your surgeon... if your surgeon bypasses less... you will lose "slower" than somebody whose surgeon bypasses more. Have you had followups with your NUT? I see mine every two months... really helps to get my eating on track and make adjustments if needed. My average loss the first 6 months was a little over 9lbs a month, since then its dropped to 5lbs (last I checked).
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 923 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1014 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 959 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1051 views