freaking out

kgouark99
on 7/26/07 5:07 am - coronado, CA
I had my surgery last July 10th. I have lost 113 lbs. I am overeating all the time. I was doing so good. The past few months, I have just been eating crap....whatever I want. I am scared!!! Why am I doing this to myself? What happened to my motivation? I didn't go through hell to not lose the rest of my weight, and to gain what I have lost back!!!!!
Amber B.
on 7/26/07 10:29 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
I think we all go through these phases but I think the most important thing is to forgive yourself and get back on track. One day I just got sick of it and started walking out of anger and I gained some endorphins I had lost and I was doing it daily, then I actually started jogging! I haven't "run" in years. Now I'm back at the gym every other day and walking in between. That's just what worked for me. One other thing I do when I freak like that is to go back to basics. For a couple days I'll go back to eating yogurt, cottage cheese, and meats/poultrys. Lay off the carbs. Then slowly work them back. Hope this helps a bit and things get back on track for ya! Amber
Christina R.
on 7/27/07 11:49 pm - Reston, VA
Katherine- Only you can answer those questions, but I know for me I've had to have some help figuring out those answers. If a simple kick in the pants by yourself doesn't work, you may want to go to a counselor for a few sessions to work this out. You went thru too much to go back! You can do it, but the mental work is just as important as the food and exercise parts. Hope that helps, Christina S
Amber B.
on 7/30/07 5:25 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I think of calling us the Triplets, we should be the Triple Threat! [against obesity of course] Hahahah! I love that we all responded in a row.
MissCrystal
on 7/30/07 1:17 am - Brea, CA
You're not alone. I have found myself going to my old ways lately, especially because my body is tolerating a lot more. I just got off a cruise ship and talk about eating crap!!! I think that Amber is right, we need to go back to the basics, high protein/low carbs. Those carbs sneak in and it's a vicious cycle because they make you crave more bread and sweets. My boyfriend and I have decided that neither one of us are going to buy those things for our houses. I am going to get rid of all the crackers (even if I do buy the reduced fat/whole grain kind - it still adds up) and snacky, grazing type of foods. I think that having it around gets us into trouble. We're going to limit dinner out and make a routine of going to the gym on scheduled nights. I think that I'm going to try this week to cut out all snacky carbs and stick with lean chicken, salads and stuff like that so I can get back on track. It's a downward spiral, once we start on eating crap, we crave more and then eat more. Someone's gotta stop it and by getting it out of the house and going back to a high protein/low carb diet, we'll retrain our bodies. Good luck to ya and post again in a week or so and let me know how it's going for you.
Amber B.
on 7/30/07 5:26 am - Virginia Beach, VA
High Five, Sister. You'll be back on track in NO TIME!!!!
Jennifer K.
on 7/30/07 3:26 am - Phoenix , AZ
I find when I feel like I am getting off track I contact my NUT... we will go over what I am eating and make the necessary changes... could be you are needing to adjust your eating some - last time I saw mine she added more calories and carbs to account for how much I was working out and weight training. Also "go back to basics" and do a food log... there is no need to start cutting back on carbs or upping protein - just make sure you are meeting (not exceeding!) the nutritional goals set by your NUT... also make sure you are eating BALANCED and not getting too much from one area (you *can* eat too much protein!!). Work on getting more fiber filled foods in your diet... they will keep you fuller longer... veggies veggies veggies! If you are not drinking enough water start to focus on that... it definately helps how much I eat if I am busy drinking the 10-15 glasses of fluids a day!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 924 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1015 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 961 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1053 views