Friday Five - Weekly Update!

Amber B.
on 7/26/07 10:33 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Congrats to everyone, it's almost the end of the month and we're all a year out!!! I was hoping we could get a few more people to post and we can total out at losing a TON of weight, hahahahaha! 1. What types of food did you eat this week? 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? 4. What was your biggest challenge? 5. Can you do something different exercise-wise that you couldn't do before? [i.e. push-ups, run, etc.] *Fun bonus question: If you had to pick a movie title to describe the last year of your life, what would it be????? Have a good weekend, All! Remember to add your weight loss total to Christina's post! A
(deactivated member)
on 7/26/07 10:55 pm - Sahuarita, AZ
1. What types of food did you eat this week? Chicken sausage, steak, hamburger, oatmeal, cottage cheese, blueberries, strawberries 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? gym, walked 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? -3 -95 4. What was your biggest challenge? not grazing 5. Can you do something different exercise-wise that you couldn't do before? [i.e. push-ups, run, etc.] I can work out harder, really pushing myself. I can see the difference in my body and I love it. *Fun bonus question: If you had to pick a movie title to describe the last year of your life, what would it be????? This one is hard because I usually watch suspenseful, scary movies . . . lol. I'd say Cinderella . . . I've changed so much and feel very blessed. But this time, I don't change back at midnight! Now if Prince Charming would come along . . . .
(deactivated member)
on 7/26/07 10:56 pm - Sahuarita, AZ
Love your new avatar!
Jandell
on 7/27/07 12:28 am - Glendora, CA
1. What types of food did you eat this week? All the normal stuff, but I did start making my own SF Carmel Iced Latte's at home - yummy! I have one for breakfast every morning (a change up from my Chai Tea Misto's since it's so hot). 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? walking, and tons of it while in Oregon. 3. How much weight did you lose? 5 pounds Total loss? 185 pounds gone forever! 4. What was your biggest challenge? finding time to eat, I've been blesses not only with a pouch that won't tolerate carbs, but I still have no true feeling of hunger unless I've been exercising. 5. Can you do something different exercise-wise that you couldn't do before? [i.e. push-ups, run, etc.] First off I can walk without getting winded, and this past weekend I could hike up a huge sand dune - I was amazed! *Fun bonus question: If you had to pick a movie title to describe the last year of your life, what would it be????? The Best Year of my Life! Added side note - new job starts Aug 15th - I should be flying off to Manila on the 18th, so might not be around as much, but then again I'll have a laptop and alone time, so might be around more! Beautiful picture Amber!!! Thanks for still doing the Friday Five!
Amber B.
on 7/30/07 5:22 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks, Jan! I'm still VERY jealous!!!
Amber B.
on 7/30/07 5:21 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks, Allison
MissCrystal
on 7/30/07 1:11 am - Brea, CA
1. What types of food did you eat this week? I went on a cruise and ate very rich foods such as chicken with creamy sauces, lobster, lamb, beef wellington, I even tried escargot (yuck). Unfortunately, I also tried a lot of the desserts. My pouch tolerates small amounts so I can eat some, but not large quantities. I also ate a lot of fruit. It was a tough week food wise. I'm back on track now that I'm at home. 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? Oh my gosh, TONS... I jogged (my normal form of exercise), worked on my abs (crunchies/ab machine), snorkeled (swimming), kayaked and walked, walked and walked around the islands of the Caribbean 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? I gained weight this week. Since I haven't been home yet (at the boyfriend's house) I dont know what my scale says, but my boyfriends scale says I've gained about 5-6 lbs in the last week and a half or so. Not good at all. 4. What was your biggest challenge? The food on the cruise ship and the whole lifestyle of cruises being centered on food. I gained weight, my boyfriend is also working on an extra 10 lbs he's gained over the last few months. It came to a head this morning for both of us. I ended up in tears and we resolved that we both need to get a routine down for exercise, eating better, etc. He put on a new suit he just bought a month or so ago and it's too tight. I gained weight on the cruise and it scares me to think I could gain weight again. THe hard thing is balancing work, family, friends, time with him and working out. How do you all do it???? 5. Can you do something different exercise-wise that you couldn't do before? [i.e. push-ups, run, etc.] I can jog 2-3 miles no problem. I couldn't even have gone 1/4 mile before without having to stop and walk. I can do sit-ups until the cows come home. My arms are still pretty weak, need to work on those. I snorkeled, kayaked and walked so much this last week and it was sooo easy. I never got winded or anything!!! *Fun bonus question: If you had to pick a movie title to describe the last year of your life, what would it be????? "A Walk to Remember" - It's been quite a walk over this past year, definitely a pivotal, life-altering year. "Its a Wonderful Life" - Life is good!!! "Finding Neverland" - This last year has been about finding MY neverland in terms of my health, happiness, even love "Love's Enduring Promise" - God's promise endures "He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it" (Phillipians 1:6) He fulfilled his promises in me this past year and I've never been happier!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 923 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1014 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 959 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1051 views