How are you eating? :-(

Deanna C.
on 8/23/07 5:46 am - Manvel, TX
Hey everyone! I haven't written in a while. I usually just read the posts. However, I have a problem. I still have about 30 lbs to lose to get to my goal, but haven't lost anything in months. As a matter of fact, I'm struggling to keep the needle on the scale from going up. I know that I don't eat the way I should and I'm trying to get back on track. A friend of mine who had the surgery about 5 months ago, has lost over 90 lbs. She's on the verge of being too thin! She said she is still eating about every 2 hours. She said it has worked for her, so that's what she's going to stick to. I've been eating the normal breakfast, lunch, and dinner - and then grazing in between. How are you losing the weight? Are you eating small amounts every 2-3 hours, or are you doing the 3 meals and a couple of small snacks? Any suggestions on how to get back on track would be appreciated. I really wanna make this work! Thanks in advance! Deanna
Amber B.
on 8/24/07 12:25 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hey Deanna, I went through this as well but what really changed things for me was exercise. I thought doing my 30 minutes a day counted, but I really needed to do at least an hour every other day or so. The pounds started flying off again and it didn't really matter what I ate. I tend to eat about 6 times a day. I do graze sometimes, I try not to though. Getting fluids in is very important as well, its made the difference. My normal schedule is: breakfast at 7:00am. Snack at 9am. Lunch at 12:30. Snack around 2-3. Dinner around 5 or 6. Late night snack/dessert around 9sh, depending on the day of the week (bed times change) I try not to eat within 3 hours of going to sleep. make sure you get your protein!!! Hope that helps. You can change it.
Deanna C.
on 8/24/07 12:53 am - Manvel, TX
Thanks so much for your response, Amber. I really appreciate it. I've noticed that you've been dropping weight again. That's great! I'll try your schedule and see if it works for me. I know I'm not getting enough protein, so I'll make that a priority. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again!!!!
sondz2006
on 8/24/07 3:48 am - Pueblo, CO
Hi Deanna, Yeah just like Amber said it's more about the exercise then what i eat. I was also doing 30 mins of exercise but wasn't enough then when i pushed it up and challenged myself i dropped like 3 pounds in a week. Try to work on one thing at a time. I worked on slowing down my eating ( i was eating way too fast) then i went to thinking more consciously. My surgeon told me that more then just the eating that exercise is key. hope this helps! Sondra
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 923 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1014 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 959 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1051 views