Friday Five - Weekly Update!

Amber B.
on 8/30/07 9:27 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
We had more action last week, lets keep it up, folks! 1. What types of food did you eat this week? 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? 4. What was your biggest challenge? 5. We should all be 13 months out, where are you with your doctor's goal? your goals? *Fun bonus question: Give us some guilty pleasures: food, movies, music, hobbies? Have a great weekend, all! A
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/07 11:20 pm - Sahuarita, AZ
1. What types of food did you eat this week? salads, mangos, grapes, apples, salmon, yogurt 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? walking, gym 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? -1, -97 That same pound I keep gaining and losing . . . . argh! 4. What was your biggest challenge? Not snacking. The snack demon has been after me this week and I gave in a few times. All my snacks are healthy, but it is the behavior that bothers me. 5. We should all be 13 months out, where are you with your doctor's goal? your goals? I need to lose 14 pounds to hit my Dr's goal. I'm 5'4" and his goal for me is 134. I'm 3 pounds overweight at 148, so I'd still like to get to the normal range for my height. I've only lost 6 pounds in the last few months, but I've lost 7 inches, so I'm good with that. Time for the scale to start moving again, though . *Fun bonus question: Give us some guilty pleasures: food, movies, music, hobbies? Shopping. I have been replacing my wardrobe and while I know I NEED the clothes, I feel guilty buying so much. I feel like I should be saving this money or paying off my GBS (I was self-pay). Also, I've spent a lot of money on vacations this year - went to Europe in the spring and am leaving for Maui on Sunday. I also went to visit my grandchildren, but I don't feel the least bit guilty about that trip .
Jandell
on 8/31/07 1:04 am - Glendora, CA
1. What types of food did you eat this week? Salmon, chicken, steak kabobs, chicken fajitas minus the tortilla, asparagus, watermelon, tuna, cottage cheese, cheese and all the other regulars. 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? walking, but not much, bad girl, and way too hot 3. How much weight did you lose? 2 pounds Total loss? 190 pounds gone forever! 4. What was your biggest challenge? Not snacking when bored. 5. We should all be 13 months out, where are you with your doctor's goal? your goals? I met my Dr's goal at my 1 year apt. My goal I'm still 34 pounds away. The weight is coming off much slower but at least it's still coming off. *Fun bonus question: Give us some guilty pleasures: food, movies, music, hobbies? Food? I don't have many any more, but I guess Cheetos are one thing I indulge in once a month, of course I always feel yucky afterward, so I'm not sure I know why I do it! I don't go to the movies that often, we do Netflix, I'm finding I don't like to sit around watching TV like I used too, I want to be up and moving now. We do go to a lot of concerts, have 3 coming up this next month. Hubby has played in a band for 30 years and we both love all types of music. We also travel all the time, seems like every month this year we've gone somewhere, and I love it! I love to fly!! Shopping for clothes has become something I like to do once again ... I hadn't been in a Mall for over 15 years until this summer. I'm finding myself hunting for bargains though, before I used to buy anything, that fit and I felt lucky to find something, now I hunt! I'm so proud of myself when I can get a regular sized shirt for under $5.00! Have a wonderful, safe holiday weekend everyone! Jan
Maryellen R.
on 9/1/07 11:33 pm - Sayville, NY
Hiya Jan, Just wanted to say that I love your new avatar! You look so much younger. Isn't it amazing what weight did to us? Have a great week, Maryellen I really need to update mine soon.
Jandell
on 9/4/07 12:44 am - Glendora, CA
Thanks Maryellen, and congrats on that 6P status! I too am a "P" (not a 6 though!) It is nice to find things that fit and don't have to be altered! Jan
Amber B.
on 8/31/07 2:54 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I know Jan is gonna get on my butt, so I'm doing it! 1. What types of food did you eat this week? I tried something new last night. I had a peppercrusted seared tuna on a green bean salad with artichokes, peppers, and mozzarella. It was pretty tasty. 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? I've been to the gym a few times. I love the elliptical. I need to go more. 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? I didn't weight, but I know I'm sitting at 191/192. 4. What was your biggest challenge? I need more hours in a day! 5. We should all be 13 months out, where are you with your doctor's goal? your goals? I'm about 11/12 pounds from the docs goal and I wouldn't mind losing another 10 on top of his. I'm pretty happy now though. *Fun bonus question: Give us some guilty pleasures: food, movies, music, hobbies? The worst is probably Air Supply and Pauly Shore movies, haha. I love all goofy bubblegum movies and lots of hair bands. I collect a lot of random crap too, that I hope to rid myself of soon. Have a great weekend, all! A
Jandell
on 8/31/07 2:59 am - Glendora, CA
Yeah for you Amber for filling out the Friday five!!! OK, I too love Air Supply!
sondz2006
on 9/1/07 7:32 am - Pueblo, CO
1. What types of food did you eat this week? cheese, hamburger, turkey, tuna 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? hiking, walking, gym 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? -0 total -128 4. What was your biggest challenge? slowing down eating and boredom eating. 5. We should all be 13 months out, where are you with your doctor's goal? your goals? My Doctor never really set a goal for me just under 200 which i'm not (209) and my goal i'm about 32 pounds away from. *Fun bonus question: Give us some guilty pleasures: food, movies, music, hobbies? Some food which is kind of bad to say after having GBS lol. And of course Shopping!
Maryellen R.
on 9/1/07 11:31 pm - Sayville, NY
hi all, 1. tukey meatballs, chicken cutlets, steak, tons of various cheeses, spinach salad, pasta, a banana daily, plums, peaches, cantaloupe, crackers. 2. only got to the gym once this week. just too crazy at work, working 12 hours daily....phew! I'm exhausted! 3. stood the same.....-117lbs 4. my biggest challenge is snacking, I thought I was grazing, but since I learned the difference between the two I feel better about it (somewhat) for the most part, I am snacking on good choices, but more often than I should be. 5. My dr never gave me a goal, he just said if you continue to lose than it will be harder to maintain. guilty pleasures...not really, but I can relate to the whole shopping thing...size 6P thats me. I think I am more astonished about the "p" than the size 6. I never considered myself petite at 5"4 but the three suits I tried on at TJ Maxx fit me perfectly..yay, no more alterations needed! I think I should change my screename to 6Pthatsme! Have a great week! Maryellen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 923 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1014 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 959 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1051 views