I'm in a better place now...

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/10 12:19 pm
Hi Friends!

Thanks so much for the wonderful words of wisdom and compassion during my low period last week.  I just wanted to let you all know that I'm really working to turn around my thinking and getting my butt in gear.

Good things about this week...

I've always been pretty good about protein.  I have 1-2 protein drinks every day plus the protein in the food I eat.  So I'm good there.

I've dropped 2-3 lbs this week, but it gets better than that.  I am now at the lowest weight I have every been in my adult life.  I was at this weight for about 2 seconds in 1997 when I was taking Phen-Fen.  So major feel-good moment for me.  Virgin Fat Territory here I come!

Don't ask me why I saved them, but I have a pair of shorts in my dresser that I haven't fit into since...I don't know...middle 90's.  I don't know why I still have them, but something made me save them.  I have moved 3 times and I kept them each time.  Well, I tried them on today and they fit...they are even a bit big.  Wahoo!!!  That just made my day...my week...my month!!!

Exercise...that horrible 8-letter word.  I've exercised 3 times this week!  WTG Me!!!  That's pretty much more exercise this week than any other week this past year.  I downloaded a bunch of songs and I'm figuring out which ones are compatible with the different speeds on the treadmill.

I am now about 20 lbs heavier than my husband.  Oh I cannot wait to weigh less than him. 

I am signing up for a bike ride in October!!!  I would never have done this before.  My sister is encouraging me to do it.  I would like to settle for the 12 mile fun ride, but she's pushing me to do the 32 mile ride.  I think I can do it if I train for it in the next few months.

One last thing if you've made it this far...

I'm taking my girls to Natural Bridge Caverns next weekend.  It's a cave about 180 ft below the surface with lots o' walking.  Woohoo!  Another thing I would never have attempted before.

Thanks again for everything you give to me everyday.  We all have our highs and lows.  Let's keep sharing both emotions to help everyone on their journey.  Love you!
IRAYD8U
on 7/25/10 2:46 pm - MONTICELLO, MN
WOW what a week!  Sounds like you are taking the bull by the horns Huggs!
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
ChiSue
on 7/26/10 4:03 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/13/09 with
So glad to hear that you're feeling better about things now - as you SHOULD after the amazing week you've had! Whoooo hoooo!  Isn't life on this roller-coaster fun?!

"virgin fat territory" - LMAO I'm right there with you!

Hope this week is even better!
georgiapeachinla
on 7/31/10 3:31 am
Glad everything it better.. GOOD & BAD DAYS... but good always out weights the worst... LMAO.. PHEN FEN's.. I done those.. LOL... I hope they dont have any long time side effects because I would be included in the commercials for the LAW SUITS..LMAO.. YOU are doing AWESOME..
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

JEllen
on 7/31/10 4:28 am - Capital Region, NY
I know you could do it!

YOU are a TAKE CHARGE PERSON!

But... even with that going for ya... we sometimes get a bit low...
not a big deal! 

So... congrats on the turn around... and you will soon be at goal!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 836 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 710 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 949 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1038 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1067 views