Much to be Thankful for. Hit goal weight 4 days ago!

Laura_Illinois
on 11/21/10 11:26 am - Morris, IL
I have much to be grateful for this Thanksgiving. I reached my goal weight of 150 lbs. 4 days ago. My hernia and plastic surgeries are scheduled for December 9th at the University of Illinois Medical Center in Chicago.

I believe I have some of the finest surgeons available in the Chicagoland area working on me and am looking forward to getting this hernia behind me and the extra, loose skin removed. I never thought I'd be getting implants in my life because I always considered myself a "natural" person. However, being a "massive weight loss" patient, I'm down 259 lbs. from my all time high of 409 lbs., has left me with virtually no breast mass at all. I can't get a breast lift without the implants, so here I go. Wish me luck fellow July 2009ers and have a fantastic Thanksgiving 2010. Can you believe all the changes we've been through? I feel like I've had a second chance to enjoy and live life again. I hope you all feel like I do. Best wishes, Laura

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

IRAYD8U
on 11/21/10 10:43 pm - MONTICELLO, MN
That is fantastic Laura!  259Lbs DOWN.......that is unbelievable!  Congrats on hitting goal and good luck with your upcoming surgeries!

Heather
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
Laura_Illinois
on 11/24/10 12:13 am - Morris, IL
Thanks for the good wishes. I'll take all I can get! I'm feeling pretty positivie about everything.

georgiapeachinla
on 11/22/10 12:36 am
That's AWESOME LAura..
I'm sorry i missed your call.. been having gallbladder problems.. I have been very sick..I'm very proud of YOU!! take care girlie.. I will be in touch I have your number now..
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Laura_Illinois
on 11/24/10 12:20 am - Morris, IL
Lisa, Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well, especially at Thanksgiving. I am glad to hear you got my phone message. I was afraid I dialed the wrong number and maybe you didn't get my message.
It looks like we probably won't be able to visit before my surgery Dec. 9th.

Hopefully, we'll be able to get together in the new year (with new boobs) ha, ha. I expect I'm going to be VERY SORE after all my surgery. They told me to expect a 4-6 week recovery period and I am.

Let me know how your gallbladder thing turns out. I heard Edwards Hospital is very good. It is in Naperville. If you need any other help let me know. Keep the Faith, Laura

georgiapeachinla
on 11/24/10 1:56 am
Your a such a DOLL.. in what seems like my darkest hour right now... We will toast the new year.. because it looks like I will be having surgery myself... so do me a huge favor and keep me in your prayers & I will keep you in mine.... but on a lighter note... maybe after surgery i will lose some more weight since they will have me on a liquid diet, soft diet, and then maybe real food...UMMM??sounds LIKE GASTRIC  Bypass ALL OVER AGAIN..LOL

Have awesome Thanks-giving because we have a lot to be thankful for.. I will check on ya after you have surgery.. we are to close not to keep in touch!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

luanne711
on 11/22/10 6:43 am - Bradford, PA
congratulations Laura on your success and best wishes with your upcoming surgeries. I know I need a boob job too for sure. I've got the WLS tube sock thing going on, but it's all good. A little underwire bra sure comes in handy
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
Laura_Illinois
on 11/24/10 12:28 am - Morris, IL
Hi Luanne and Happy Thanksgiving!

Thank you for the well wishes. That's funny, that is exactly how I described my boobs to my plastic surgeon - they look like 2 tube socks with golf balls hanging down in them. ha, ha. I just figured since I'm going under the knife to take care of my incisional hernia, I might as well take care of everything else at the same time too.

Well, not everything. I will still have a lot of hanging skin coming down off my underarms and thighs. I'll save that for down the road. I may never do my thighs, but I'd like to be able to wear sleeveless shirts and dresses in the summer. I'll wait until I get my knee job for that. ha, ha. It's cheaper if you have your plastic surgery combined with surgeries that insurance covers. Take care and be good. Enjoy the holiday season with the new skinny you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 836 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 710 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 949 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1038 views
4 Years!