How are all the July surgery people doing???

Shanneee
on 8/7/11 1:40 pm - MN
I had my surgery late in July (27th) but am doing great so far.  No side effects yet and a 20 pound loss before my mini-stall.  Would love to hear from you all!

S

krislbt41
on 8/7/11 10:27 pm - Center Line, MI
Hi! July 13th was my surgery date and doing pretty good.  Been having light headedness since being home but other than that I'm doing well.

Glad to see you are doing well also!  Congrats on the 20lbs lost! I lost 38 lbs so far, my doctor's appt. isn't till next Monday and I feel and know I've lost a lot more.

angelface512011
on 8/7/11 11:05 pm - GA
I have also lost 19 lbs in the first week since surgery .everything has been going good till yesterday.I was not able to drink or eat all day not even water.I have been throwing up clear liguid and also having diareah alot It is also liquid.Any suggestions or thoughts about what this could be .Also my legs are tightening up drawing .to think i was feeling so great at first.Thanks for listening.Robin
Shanneee
on 8/8/11 12:43 am - MN
Oh geesh, that's not good.  The only thing I can think of is that maybe something got stuck in your stoma/pouch?  Have you been sticking with soft foods?  Or have you moved on to other foods?  That could be why. 

It actually sounds like you have a stomach virus, but who knows if it's surgery related. 

I'm not sure what you mean about your legs tightening up drawing...

When was your surgery date?  Are you feeling any better today?

S

roogirlmulder
on 8/8/11 2:05 am - San Diego, CA
Gratz on your 20lbs girl! Damn, 20lbs and not even through the first month yet!

Sian
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it."
Surgery Date 8/25/2011
Highest Weight 310lbs - Current Weight 154lbs - Goal Weight 175lbs

Marcia B.
on 8/8/11 3:34 pm - CA
My surgery was July 13th, and so far so good.  I wanted to lose weight faster but I am happy that my eating is under control and now to start exercising more, got through the light-headedness and dizziness and now feel pretty good.  pre-op weight loss total was: 17 lbs. and post-op weight loss by my scale is: 21 lbs.  I am happy I have no more swelling in my legs and ankles :) and BP is down.  Congrats to you on your 20 lbs that is awesome.
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

krislbt41
on 8/14/11 10:02 pm - Center Line, MI
Marcia I think were twins or something LOL! Because everything you said was and is the same for me!

I lost 17lbs pre-op and lost 21 lbs post-op, my surgery was July 13th also! LOL, aaaaannnnnddddd the swelling in my feet, ankles and legs are gone too!

Wow!

Marcia B.
on 8/15/11 4:56 am - CA
hahahaha you want to know another coincidence between us Kris, is I use to live in Michigan as well :) Mt. Pleasant to be exact near CMU.
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 3:35 am - Orange County, CA
Congrats on your lose so far! Surgery for me on July 29th. So far I am down 18lbs, however in the last four days no movement :( Not sure what that is all about. Feeling much better this week. Looking forward to these incisions healing. They are a pain in the azz.... E :) 
shannon0731
on 8/13/11 11:18 am - LA
Hi, all! I had my surgery (RNY) July 5. down 20lbs, but even better, off the High Blood pressure meds AND have cut my insulin in more than 1/2!! DBF made some delicious seafood gumbo (no rice for me) and I was able to enjoy some. Been doing good with the foods, but also being super cautious not to eat anything over 10 grams of sugar. No problems at all, to speak of. Very Very happy!!
I'm Ready!

Most Active
Recent Topics