How is everyone doing?!

Barbara_journey
on 8/3/12 2:06 am - Canada
Hi all! 

I just wanted to hear how everyone is doing? I was sleeved on July 17th, and I feel FANTASTIC! 
I was a little nervous the morning of, and it sunk in when I had to say my good byes... My oldest daughter was crying sooo much, she was scared! 
I was wheeled in, cracked a joke about them having to see me naked, and then out like a light. I woke up in recovery, don't remember much of that.. and then off to my room...
My mom and sister were there to greet me, and all went well....

I didn't get to drink or wal****il they did a leak test the next afternoon.. so that sucked.. but I went to the bathroom on my own and never needed a cathader! YAYA! 

I stayed an extra night because when I did have some water I felt nauseas.. I was released Thursday morning.

I went home, took it easy, really struggled to ge****er in...

The next few days things got better, started shakes, that went well... When I tried Egg and fish for the first time I was a bit nauseas but it past. I love saltines! :) I have had a few melba toasts with laughing cow cheese, those have been DELISH! 

I went back to work after 1 week I was feeling so fantastic, and the reception at work has been amazing! Everyone is rooting for me, complimenting me daily, they can not believe the change in just over 2 weeks! 

I have full of energy, I feel great, I have no pain. II had my staples out a week ago and the nurse said it's healed BEAUTIFULLY and cleared me to swim 48 hrs after the staples were out! 

I LOVE MY SLEEVE! 

Hope everyone is doing amazing! 

Wendy_Berd
on 8/6/12 5:52 pm - Minneapolis, MN
DS on 07/23/12
 You are doing amazing!  Congrats!! 
Barbara_journey
on 8/6/12 10:42 pm - Canada
Thanks! :) 
Terry_Lynn
on 8/8/12 12:16 am

I'm glad you are doing so well!
I had gastric bypass July 16th and I'm doing great too! The surgery was much eaiser than I expected.
I do have mild nausea when I eat and drink shakes but I saw my surgeon yesterday and he said it would pass.
My daughter had gastric bypass this past Friday (August 3rd) and she is doing very well too. We laugh about what a chore eating and drinking is now.
Keep us posted!

Joolya
on 8/21/12 9:28 am - MD
VSG on 07/17/12
I had my surgery on 7/17 -- five weeks out today. My surgery was supposed to be RNY but liver had problems so I got a sleeve. So glad I did. I've tolerated everything well....except when i overeat. It's so easy to do. I keep forgetting how small my stomach is now. I had a piece of pizza on Friday night and I ate 3/4 of the piece before I remembered it was way too much!!! I felt miserable the rest of the night.

I haven't told everyone where I work that I had the surgery and not too many have noticed. However, when you have 175 to lose, its going to take a while before they ntoice!!

Good that you are doing well!!! Sounds like you have your head on straight and will do awesome!! Here's to seeing less of you!!

KatMom
on 9/15/12 1:12 pm
RNY on 07/24/12
Everyone sounds good so far. I know folk have problems but thankfully I too am one who has only had minor difficulties. Today has been kind of yucky but my surgeon has prepared me for this.
I have had buyers remorse more often, but I now think its because of my brain remembering what it was like to stuff myself with all the goodies. I think of everything I can no longer eat either because its off my list or because I simply cannot tolerate it.

Now I have to fill that 'stuff myself mentality' with activities. Keep busy and just enjoy that I am a different body for the rest of my life.

It was a 'last resort' operation for me and I know that.
 He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.  ~Friedrich Nietzsche 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Month 5!
a_better_life81 · 2 replies · 497 views
3 months out...
livinglifelarge · 2 replies · 577 views
Duck Poop
Wendy_Berd · 0 replies · 652 views
How is everyone doing?!
Barbara_journey · 5 replies · 654 views