What is going in your hospital bag??

Robin M
on 6/6/05 9:23 am - State of Grace, CA
Ok, I am really anal and already putting a list together for my hospital bag: chap stick - you can't eat or drink for a while after surgery and my lips get dry back scratcher - if I get an itch and can't reach it I will go nuts What's going in your bag?? Robinagirlwithadate
lstanger
on 6/7/05 4:18 am - Ladysmith, WI
Well, I have not thought much about it but I guess I better. I think I will take my pillow from home. Some people take a robe but I am so hot-blooded I will probably just stick with the hospital gown. Otherwise I do not know so I hope others respond! Lynne
lstanger
on 6/7/05 4:33 am - Ladysmith, WI
Me again, I just found the Q&A page on the web site and others suggested baby wipes, slippers with grips, headset and CD's to relax and block out hospital sounds. I will be taking ear plugs! Others suggest pads because you get your period right after surgery?????? I will be checking into that one! Lynne
Robin M
on 6/7/05 6:12 am - State of Grace, CA
I think the robe is for your walks around the hospital ward. Unless you might want to flash the other patients on your floor. I'm having an open procedure and several people are suggesting tongs with the baby wipes to reach places that will be hard to reach due to your incisions. Robin
Mrs. G
on 6/7/05 8:00 pm - E. City, NC
I have a whole list I made from the info I found searching on here. My main items are a robe, chapstick, wipes, tongs (in case of problems reaching to wipe), a small fan (which I plan to just leave in the car, hubby can go get it if I end up needing it), a picture of my family.
Suzie
on 6/8/05 7:03 am - KY
I'm packing light and going with the chapstick, my Wildcats Hat so I don't have to worry about my hair, and pics of my kids. Anything else i might end up needing I can send the hubby for! Susie
finda_nessy
on 6/8/05 2:06 pm - Indianapolis (but at college in Evansville), IN
I will definitely not forget my portable CD player with batteries and also my Ashlee Simpson CD and other CD's that will make me feel at ease! I love music and I feel that Ican express myself through the melody. I will also be bringing my poetry book and probably tissue because I know that I will cry a million times from being so blessed in getting the surgery.
Texican
on 6/16/05 2:10 pm - Pharr, TX
OK, Call me a geek. I'm bringing my laptop. It can sit on the tray table. Then I can throw on my headphones and watch DVDs or listen to music as I please. Also play solitare, etc. Hey, there won't be much more than ice chips on the table anyway. My wife had the procedure last January. Here's the items we had or picked up for her that worked: ...Slippers (cold, yucky hospital floors) ...Robe (So you won't moon the other patients during the walks) ...Tongs (To reach where no one has reached before) ...Favorite pillow (Something about the scent of home) ...Pictures of the kids (No explanation needed) ...Lemon Glycerine Swabs (Replaces mouth wash, the hospital ....................................provides them, but it often takes a ....................................while for them to get them to you.) ...Oral-B Brush-Ups (Instead of tooth brush and tooth paste) ...CPAP (if you use one) ...Loose underwear (The loosest you own for the trip home. ............................Any abdominal pressure hurts after a few ............................minutes in the first few days post op. ............................Including waist bands! ) ...Cell phone (We have little kids [5 & 3], they need to know ...................they can talk to mommy or daddy as needed.) Hope this list helps everyone. Ken
jpasetto
on 6/24/05 12:20 pm - New Bedford, MA
that list helped me!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics