I have many mixed emotions

robin412
on 6/16/05 5:26 pm - erie, PA
i have a date of aug 3 now and i mixed feelings about it. On one hand I cant wait and it seems like that is forever away and on the other i am still a little anxious/scared. robin erie, pa
Texican
on 6/16/05 10:15 pm - Pharr, TX
Robin, I think we are all in the same boat. The reaction is normal. First, if you were just very scared or just very happy, I'd be worried about you. Second, you should be a bit anxious/scared. This is major sergury. You are not going out to get your hair done. Complications do happen on occasion. You and your family need to be prepared... Just in case... Scared is your subconscious telling you that. Third, be excited. Be very excited. There's a new you on the other side. Just think, soon you will be able to see those new shoes you bought without having to look in a mirror!! My wife is now 7 months post op. She's a different person already. The lady inside that I married is finally coming out for others to see. Her whole atitude toward life has shifted. I hope this helps. At least a little. Ken
robin412
on 6/17/05 10:11 am - erie, PA
thank you ken i wish my husband was as supportive as you. He keeps telling me he doesnt want me to get it done and i personally think it is because he is selfish and thinks that my feelings towards him will be different and i keep telling him the are operating on my digeestive system not my heart or mind.
Catherine H.
on 6/17/05 6:11 pm - LaCrosse, WI
Well first of all, are you worried for you or your husband. Remember this is your journey to a new and healthier life. You must take it one day at a time, but enjoy every day. You are on your way to a new you, maybe that is what is worring you?? We should all be concerned/anxious in a healthy way. Like Ken said, it is a major surgery, not the easy way out at all. You will have a new person talking at you in the mirror, enjoy her company and relish the fact you can take an airplane ride in a regular seat AND cross you legs!! lol
Most Active
Recent Topics