Poser for the crew... Last meal?

Texican
on 6/16/05 9:57 pm - Pharr, TX
OK team, Here's the question my wife asked me. Where do you want to go for dinner for a last meal out before the sergury? I know what I'm thinking, but I haven't decided yet. What pops into your heads? Ken
sweetpea
on 6/16/05 11:49 pm - Kingsley, IA
Oh Red Lobster Ken..thats my fav place,all that butter,lol.. when is your surgery date?..sorry being snoopy here,I just got on board here..so your wife had her's and now it is your turn?...That is awesome...good luck! Lori A.
Mrs. G
on 6/17/05 8:06 am - E. City, NC
First off - my husband nearly passed out when I asked him what we should have for my last supper. He's handling the whole surgery thing well, and is more supportive than I could have imagined he could be, but once in a while something comes up that just freaks him out. So, I'm not allowed to call it my last supper or my last meal. lol We're going to go to Outback Steakhouse for my 'last big meal before surgery'. I wanna order one of everything. However I'll be happy to have some bloomin' onion and a big thick juicy steak!
Joe D.
on 6/17/05 11:17 am - Malaga, NJ
I went to a Chinese buffet... mmmmm....
Catherine H.
on 6/17/05 6:05 pm - LaCrosse, WI
Crab shack sounds great to me. Good luck to you.
Robin M
on 6/21/05 10:53 am - State of Grace, CA
There should only be one last meal? Now you know I got here honestly. I am planning three, 2weeks apart. July 3rd big party Bar-B-Que day, July 23 Monty's Steakhouse (filet w/grilled mushrooms, beer battered french fries, you know the story) and then Roscoe's chicken and waffles August 6th. It's an L.A. thing. Then my doctor wants me on medifast for 10 days and total liquids two days prior to surgery. I read one post where the pre-op was on liquids for 14 days prior to surgery. Wow. Robin58daystogo
Fribby
on 6/24/05 6:47 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Ken, My surgery isn't until August 2 but my husband is having his on June 28. He starts his bowel prep tomarrow. He has been on a 30-day liquid protein fast and that ended yesterday. That gives him a one day window for his "last supper"... and because he will be a new post-op when my last supper window arrives today is going to be mine as well. My hubby has always wanted to do a progressive restaurant dinner so that is what we will do tonight. We will go to Max and Erma's for soup (he will have French onion and I will have tortilla) then we are off to Outback for a blooming onion. The main course has yet to be determined and then to Don Pablos for a sopapia. With soup, appetizer, and dessert that may be all we will do, who knows, since he hasn't come up with a main course we may forgo that. Patti 38 day ride to my surgery date
Most Active
Recent Topics