Surgery Date

DeEdra P.
on 6/19/05 12:59 pm - Cave Junction, OR
I am new at this so bear with me please. I have loads of questions. After you have completed all your paperwork, how long does it take to get a surgery date? I am moving from Oregon to Idaho as soon as my home in Cave Junction, Oregon sells, I have all my paperwork to OHSU, I am wondering if my house sells quickly, can I or should I move my paperwork and surgery to Idaho. I have to say, I like OHSU, and I am already traveling a fair distance so coming back to Oregon would not be that big a hardship...would it? Any advice you nice people could give me would be so greatly appreciated
sxysyl
on 6/21/05 1:51 am - Pomona, CA
It took 4months for my date but every hospital is different. It depends if they have a long wait list like my hospital usually does. Best of luck to you.
DeEdra P.
on 6/21/05 2:52 am - Cave Junction, OR
Wow!! Four months!! Did you go to OHSU? I guess that I can wait, I am trying to lose enough weight that maybe I won't need the surgery...but at the same time I really need to have something work for me. I am grateful for your reply, so have you had your surgery yet? How are you doing? Thanks and my best wishes to you too.
sxysyl
on 6/21/05 3:46 am - Pomona, CA
No, I'm going to USC University Hosp in LA. I was trying to wait long enough to lose on my own too but as you can see it didn't work for me. I ended up in the gaining and losing game. I did played that game for almost 2yrs until I got the call for my date. Then I decided after all these years I need the extra help and WLS is it for me. I'm still down about 20lbs but I need to lose another 10-15 before surgery. I wish you the best.
DeEdra P.
on 6/21/05 6:36 am - Cave Junction, OR
I think I am going to find that out myself, WLS surgery is going to save my life, even if I am too big a coward to admit it. You know your a beautiful woman, I can't wait to see your after picture, your going to look awesome!! Best of luck, God bless.
sxysyl
on 6/22/05 2:49 am - Pomona, CA
Thank you!
Mrs. G
on 6/21/05 8:03 am - E. City, NC
My surgeon works 'backwards', a lot of people don't care for that but I think it's worked for us. I went to his seminar, got my consultation appt at the seminar. At my consultation we talked, he answered questions, checked me over, and gave me his thumbs up to do the surgery. A few minutes later my surgery date was set. I go for all my pre-op work next week. My insurance doesn't require pre-approval, so as long as my testing is ok, I'm all set. I went to the seminar in March, my surgery is set for August 1. 5 months total from start to finish (although I researched the surgery for almost a year before I attended the seminar.)
DeEdra P.
on 6/22/05 3:52 am - Cave Junction, OR
May I ask where your having your surgery done? My surgeon works somewhat like yours and I am wondering if they are the same doctor. I am going to OHSU.
Mrs. G
on 6/22/05 11:03 am - E. City, NC
Mine is in Chesapeake, VA. Tidewater Surgical Group. I think it's a good idea, working towards the set date.
Most Active
Recent Topics