Surgery Date!!

Faith H.
on 6/26/05 11:05 am - Bensalem, PA
Hello All - I am new to this site, one of my friends told me to check it out. I am having surgery at the Barix Clinics in Phila, Pa. I don't even know where to start as far as questions go..... I have my pre-op testing on 7/11, and my surgery is on 8/4. Is is helpful going to support meetings? What kind of things should you bring to the hospital? How hard is it to take care of the wound post-op? Do you need to live with someone/have someone live with you after you get home from the hospital? Is it the worst pain ever? I have never had any surgery before, no kids.. so I am not familiar with pain like that. I have tons of questions... and I am just confused and hoping that I am making the right decision. I still have doubts sometimes. I guess I was just looking forward to talk to someone pre/post op to build confidence.
sweetpea
on 6/26/05 10:21 pm - Kingsley, IA
Hi Faith, Welcome,congrats on your upcoming surgery..I know I am so excited!!!I know this is going to be the best thing I have ever gotten done for myself.I have had surgery's before so I kinda know what to expect..its a promise you will be in good hands wherever you have it done and they will keep the pain level down.cuz their is 1 at first!I havent been to any support groups yet but I do plan on hitting a few after my surgery!Good luck and keep in touch ok. Lori 47 days
Most Active
Recent Topics