Got a date!!

KerryBeth
on 6/27/05 2:47 am - Morgantown, WV
I have a date scheduled for August 3rd and there is a part of me that is so excited. But....I can't help but worry a little. I have all the confidence in the world in my doctor and his stats are really high. But, I have recently read about so many complications and near death experiences that I am now petrified! Is this normal? I am now beginning to second guess my decision...help me please. Kerry
sweetpea
on 6/27/05 12:30 pm - Kingsley, IA
Congrats Kerry!!! I think it is normal for everyone to have doubts at 1 point... I fig if my time is up I could step off a curb and get hit by a bus too... everyone I have talked to that has had the surgery,even a few that have had complications...say they would do it again in a heatbeat,it is sooo worth it so losing side here I come...hang in there I am sure everyone else will tell you the same Lori 47 days
Sara B
on 6/28/05 9:15 am - Foothill ranch, CA
it is true, if it is our time, then no matter what we do, surgery, driving, watching amovie, we are going to go. if god says that we are going to die and it happens to be at the time of our surgery, then there is nothing we can do about it. i myself and scared to death of this as well. my mother passed away from this surgery and its potential complications, but yet i ams still going through it on 8/08/05. i am taking the best care of my self as i can and then i am also making sure that everything is prepared just incase the worst happens. i know it is sad, but i wrote a letter to my family and friends and espically my children telling them my thougths and feelings. and i also prepared a will, and a power of attorney. i do not plan on using it anytime soon, but it is not a bad idea to have one for any day. i feel that my doctors are great and that with todays technology, and for the fact that the doctors know my concerns and are listening to me, i will be okay. i have too many plans to go anywhere now. i told my friend that i would not have been approved so easily if god was not going to make sure i was going to be okay through this.
KerryBeth
on 6/29/05 1:17 am - Morgantown, WV
Sara- I'm really sorry to hear about your Mom, that's so sad. If I may ask, how long ago was it and what went wrong? I certainly admire your courage; if I lost someone close to me, I'm not so sure I could do it. You're right though, God is there and I think each of us gets an inner peace about the surgery which allows us to go on. I'm sure that you'll be just fine and I try to live by the saying...."If God brings you to it, he will bring you through it". Like you, I had no problems getting approved, in fact, my doctors office said that I was approved unusually fast considering the fact that I do meet the BMI standards, but have no other Co-Morbidities. Thank you both for resonding...I will keep you both in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Kerry
Most Active
Recent Topics