Eating...

HB
on 6/28/05 11:37 am - Denton, TX
So here I am very close to surgery, not approved yet but date scheduled and everything Unicare wants they will have it as of this Thursday. My issue is that I can not stop eating. 2 years ago I was able to lose 80lbs with diet and exercise. Change my eating habits and got on the treadmill every morning faithfully. But... in October I gained some back.. it was downhill from there.. I have put on 70lbs in 7 months.. and I feel horrible...So I decided to have the surgery after alot of research.. my problem is that since I know I will have the surgery.. I have given myself an all-I-can-eat-before-surgery pass .. is anyone else having this problem as of yet?
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/05 12:04 pm
same date for surgery and same problem!!!!! i have been able to cut out caffeine and sodas..so i feel like i've done something. but it is almost like i'm so afraid that I can't eat later that I feel like I have to now....and that it is almost no use to deprive myself...cause the date is set!!! I hate it. people assure me that our taste will change...but I have a feeling that we're gonna feel like we have been hit with a rock when we can't eat what we want!!!!! best wishes to you!!!! you're in my prayers! keep me in yours! susan
HB
on 6/28/05 12:10 pm - Denton, TX
Thank you Susan.. I am glad to know that I am not alone.. I know the surgery is a tool.. but I want to get ahold of this before then... You will be in my prayers.. ..
sweetpea
on 6/28/05 1:41 pm - Kingsley, IA
Yeeesssssss!!! I am having the same problem and I hate it I have been trying hard all year to lose and now that I actually have a date..oh boy..soo much for my diet at the moment..I was told it is normal but it dont make me feel better!!! Come on August!!Take Care, Lori 46 days
Kgirl
on 6/28/05 10:21 pm - Birdsboro, PA
Hi Heidi~ I weighed myself yesterday and I'm up 7 lbs since my Consult. in May. Yikes! My surgery date is in August. My friend who calls it "eat fest 2005" has gained 12 lbs.. Lol.. But its a good thing because she went for her consult yesterday and was approved. She just has to wait for insurance. So we both know what you mean!!
HB
on 6/28/05 10:39 pm - Denton, TX
It is very good to know that I am not alone... thank you for your comments heidi
schatzel
on 6/30/05 11:05 am - Northern, NJ
RNY on 08/12/05 with
I'm feeling the same way. I've got my surgery date and now I'm in a panic about not losing the 10% I need to lose before surgery. On top of that the folks in my office love to eat and order food in on a regular basis. I'm constantly hungry and I'm worried that this will start again after the surgery. Anyone have any suggestions for getting this hunger under control? Schatzel
Most Active
Recent Topics