one year ago...

Jessica H.
on 9/3/07 2:10 am - Johnson City, TN
I'm offically a wls graduate, right? I can't believe that at this time last year I was just coming home from the hospital. I'm at goal...on a day when I'm not retaining water, I'm a couple of pounds below goal (today is not one of those days!). I never thought I would get to this point...but here I am. The year flew by...seems like it anyway. So, my question to the rest of you....How has your life changed in the past year? Mine has changed tremendously! Mostly in the self-confidence department. I finally got the courage to believe in myself and landed the teaching job I've wanted since graduating in 2005. I'm dating again! I've also noticed that I'm selective about who I date...I feel like I don't have to "settle" anymore. I'm friendlier...that goes along with the self-confidence thing...but those are just a few of my changes. I'm really interested to hear from others ;) Oh, and Happy Labor Day!
kclark1
on 9/4/07 7:49 am - CA
HI Jessica ~ I was just thinking about how my life has changed....the end of September I'll be exactly 1 year out. I'm not at goal yet, I still would like to lose about 20 lbs. which has become quite difficult but I am still working at it. I have gained so much confidence, I realize that now I actually look peope in the eye when I talk to them. I walk with my head up looking at people instead of looking at the ground avoiding what I assumed were people staring at me. I'm not afraid to talk to strangers I don't care what people think anymore about how I look or how I'm dressed I have tons of energy When people talk to me know it's because they are insterested in me and what I have to say, they aren't just being nice to the fat chick. This summer I noticed that I wasn't nearly as hot walking from my A/C house to the A/C car to the A/C store....I still park far away and walk, I don't sweat nearly as much as I used to! Just a few of the things I've noticed....this has been such an amazing year...I am also surprised at how fast everything went, I just realized it's been almost a year! Kathy - 327 Orientation 286 surgery 09/27/06 170 today 150 - 155 goal
Margaret M.
on 9/4/07 9:18 am - Parkersburg, WV
Boy do both of your stories sound like mine. I've come so far in a year. September 19th will be my one year anniversary. Last year at this time I was on a cpap, taking blood pressure meds, avoiding taking meds for my gout, not breathing, I could keep going on. But, now, I have energy. I can breathe and I can do things. I can't believe it has only been one year. Was the path from there to here easy? No, but I guess nothing worthwhile is easy. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat. I can honestly say it is the best thing I ever did for me. I too see people differently. I see people who used to avoid me, now talk to me. People that used to talk to me are surprised at how far I have come. I hope that I can encourage someone out there who is considering the surgery. Did I get sick, some. I would still do it again. My health is so much more important to me now. I don't want to take any meds other than my b-12 shots and vitamins. consult weight 305 surgery 279 current 185 goal 150 dr's goal 170 I am close. Peggy M. Parkersburg, WV
Lori G.
on 9/5/07 1:30 am - Troy, NY
My 1 Year Anniversary will be Sept. 18th.... I never would have believed what a difference this surgery could make in a persons life but WOW.... Consult - 418lbs Surgery - 378lbs Current - 229lbs Goal - 185lbs. I only have 44lbs to go!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!!! Hugs to you all!!!!!!!!! Lori
br5eag
on 9/5/07 2:09 am
Let's put it this way......ONE YEAR AGO SIZE 22 PANTS..............TODAY JUST GOT MYSELF INTO A SIZE 8 !!!!
Jessica H.
on 9/5/07 10:44 am - Johnson City, TN
Wow....that is so amazing. We are amazing ;) If I can figure out how to do it, I'm going to post some before and after pics on my profile....check back ;)
shelly424
on 9/5/07 12:50 pm - jersey city, NJ
Sept 27th will be my 1 year. Big changes and so happy for them. Consult 275 Day of 265 Today 158. Size 26 and XXXL to Size 6/8 M I wouldnt tradr it for the world!!!!
Mary Sellers
on 9/6/07 11:53 am - Pace, FL
Happy 1 Year Anniversary To Me Hello everyone!! I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing good. I now weigh 220 lbs. When I first started my journey I weighed 400 lbs. I had lost 12 lbs before surgery so the day of surgery i weighed 388 lbs. The total weight lost is 180lbs. I have to say I feel great and I look great. There has been some challanges along the way but i have over come them all. Just takes time to figure things out. As for the main question most people ask, Would I do it again? Yes in a heart beat. This operation has changed my life. It has saved my life and I would do it 100 times over. I do not have BP no more I am not on my C- Pap Machine anymore. I do not have acid reflux anymore and my bones and joints does not bother me. And that baby problem is not a problem anymore. My body works fine and as soon as the doctor tells me that I can start trying for a baby, then we are jumping on it. The things notice that has changed is the way that my life us to be. I would have never wore speggetti shirts or shorts for that matter and I wear them all the time. I am always on the go and want to do things like go to water parks and anywhere that you have to be active. I love my life now. I do have to say I have to watch out for the gas thing. That stuff can really hurt. Other then that I am fine. Well i just wanted to let you all know how I am and by the way my 1 year was Sept 1 I am sorta late on posting this. Hope all is well. Mary 400/388/220/180
pawildlife
on 9/10/07 8:55 pm - MIDDLEBURG, PA
Hi.....Your story sounds almost exactly like mine. I'll be 1 year out on the 29th....!!! I've lost over 150# and am now at my goal weight though I keep on losing which of course scares me. I have finally learned to open my mouth when people are putting me down & to stand up for myself. However my relationship with my husband hasn't gotten any better as he is still avoiding me (uum, sexually) which is so surprising because he once told me he hated fat women! Gosh, I'm so skinny right now it's unbelievable. Wearing a size 8-10 most times after wearing a 26 for around 20 years. Love my body & love to buy clothes. People tell me all the time how great I look which is so wonderful to hear but it saddens me because of the "husband" thing! Was going to call the plastic surgeon this month too but decided to wait till next year as my husband had to pay out a heck of a lot of money as I'm having implants put into my upper jaw so that I can eat. Great that you are doing so well! Phyllis S
Most Active
Recent Topics
It's been 9 years yall!
jenn_in_ky · 1 replies · 592 views
food
Jessica H. · 2 replies · 761 views
Having a hard time
rspeters · 6 replies · 1102 views
Cold Hands and Feet
Ted R. · 2 replies · 1158 views
testing
JessicaMarie · 0 replies · 720 views